Used 2009 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Never again GM
By Lisa

2009 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our 2009 Buick Enclave from a shady dealership, didn't know that at the time. It had 95000 miles on it. We loved the way it looked and we liked the way it drove. Paid way too much for it. Immediately took it to Buick because of a hesitation problem when accelerating. Was told that there were no problems. Had it for approximately a year when we found out that it needed the timing chain replaced. Took it back to Buick and were told because it was 4000 miles over the special warranty that we would have to replace the timing chain ourselves. Even though I explained that I had brought the truck to them immediately after buying it because of the same issue but they still refused to honor the special warranty. Couldn't afford to fix the problem immediately and drove it for another 9 months until it could not be driven anymore. Took it to the dealership we bought it from and they did the work on it. 3 days after getting it back the transmission blew. And since it has been one chronic issue after another. Granted the car now has 206, 000 miles on it but in this day and age that should be nothing for a car, not a $40, 000 vehicle. We are now completely upside down on our loan after putting in over $10, 000 in repairs which has included the engine control module, power steering pump, alternator, ignition coils, CV axle, catalytic converters, O2 sensor, and more. And we are now certain that we need another transmission. As soon as we can come up with the money we are turning the car over to the bank and going back to the reliable vehicles, Honda. GM sucks and I will never buy another product from them again. Not only do they put out poor quality vehicles but their customer service is awful.

Worst vehicle. STAY AWAY
By Jeremy

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Terrible reliability. Car was being repaired more than it could be driven. Normal maintenance guidelines were followed but the quality of this vehicle is horrendous. I will never buy a GM product again. No customer service support. Basically told they can’t help because it’s out of warranty. Shocks/struts, wheel bearing, steering pump failed at 60,000. Transmission began leaking right after. Coolant leak and heater failure at 80,000. That’s just some of the problems.

The class a ride
By Rollie Lewis

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car has never let me down. I'm a veteran and go to Fargo VA hospital it's a good ride , smooth and quiet comfortable. It's dependable and I need car with less miles.

Engine failure with less than 50,000 miles
By David Romer

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I became aware of a transmission issue with this make/model of vehicle after purchasing the vehicle from my Wife's grandmother (first owner). The transmission felt like it was slipping and the service engine light came on so I attempted to drive the vehicle into the dealership, but ended up requiring a tow when the vehicle broke down on the freeway. The dealership found a broken rocker arm, opened the engine and determined that the engine required complete replacement (vehicle under 50,000 miles). I was told by the dealership that they could not identify the cause of the issue. GM offered to cover less than half of the cost to replace the engine (My bill will be $5,500). Once the engine is replaced the dealership will have to inspect the transmission and possibly replace the wave plate. My plan is to repair the vehicle, sale it, and never again drive a GM vehicle.

Night mare
By JK Mir

2009 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it new 2009
1. All steering wheel hydraulic parts had to be replaced
2. Water pump went bad
3. Now transmission is gone.