Used 2009 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Worst vehicle. STAY AWAY
By Jeremy

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Terrible reliability. Car was being repaired more than it could be driven. Normal maintenance guidelines were followed but the quality of this vehicle is horrendous. I will never buy a GM product again. No customer service support. Basically told they can’t help because it’s out of warranty. Shocks/struts, wheel bearing, steering pump failed at 60,000. Transmission began leaking right after. Coolant leak and heater failure at 80,000. That’s just some of the problems.

The class a ride
By Rollie Lewis

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car has never let me down. I'm a veteran and go to Fargo VA hospital it's a good ride , smooth and quiet comfortable. It's dependable and I need car with less miles.

Engine failure with less than 50,000 miles
By David Romer

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I became aware of a transmission issue with this make/model of vehicle after purchasing the vehicle from my Wife's grandmother (first owner). The transmission felt like it was slipping and the service engine light came on so I attempted to drive the vehicle into the dealership, but ended up requiring a tow when the vehicle broke down on the freeway. The dealership found a broken rocker arm, opened the engine and determined that the engine required complete replacement (vehicle under 50,000 miles). I was told by the dealership that they could not identify the cause of the issue. GM offered to cover less than half of the cost to replace the engine (My bill will be $5,500). Once the engine is replaced the dealership will have to inspect the transmission and possibly replace the wave plate. My plan is to repair the vehicle, sale it, and never again drive a GM vehicle.

Night mare
By JK Mir

2009 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it new 2009
1. All steering wheel hydraulic parts had to be replaced
2. Water pump went bad
3. Now transmission is gone.

Beautiful / Horrible
By Herb Walstreet

2009 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is cursed. We had a Yukon XL for 10 years and never had any issues. We have 80k miles or so on this vehicle and have spent around $10k in various maintenance and repairs. We've had to replace the transmission 11 months ago and it's currently in the shop because of a stutter it has in cruise on the highway (ignition coils?). We know our power steering is going out but it's not bad enough that Buick will replace it under the extended warranty. Our heated seats only stay on for about 5 mins then go off. The instrumentation buttons (AC temp control) have worn incredibly fast (replaced them once already), have had a "stuck strut", replaced rotors, replaced the battery and some decorative adhesive molding on the window frames is bubbling up and shredding (looks horrible when you look at the driver's side of the car). All of this and our gas mileage is terrible also (13 in the city and 18 highway). I want to like this car - it's really good looking but we've got to get rid of it and we'll avoid Buick. My recommendation, steer clear!