Used 2009 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

Used Enclave for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

Beware! Unreliable!

hchambley, 12/10/2014
CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my used 2009 Enclave approx. 2 years ago. Carfax report looked good and a friend of mine had one and loved it. I have loved and sang praises of my new car! I traded my 2009 Yukon XL for this car to save on gas and loved the downsize and savings. Since I purchased my Yukon brand new and never had issues, I opted out of the extended warranty on this car thinking I wouldn't have issues either. Boy was I wrong! Within a month one of the coil packs went out but it was replaced at no charge under dealership 30 day warranty. Six months later I started having transmission problems and my transmission needed to be replaced. Within two weeks of it being replaced started having other trouble and had to replace the throttle body. Since then I have had to replace every coil pack, the timing chain and everytime I get it fixed months later there are more problems.

Have to do your homework before you buy one.

John Smith, 10/02/2018
CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2009 AWD CXL Make sure this vehicle has had the timing chain RE-program recall done before you buy or your engine will jump or stop, make sure it has had the water pump replaced. Shock go bad about 80k miles, make sure it has had a transmission fluid flush by 65k miles or you will be replacing that (be nice to your transmission, it is not durable). Do regular oil changes (a must with this engine), Steering wheel has a squeek on most of them, will possibly require coils/plugs at 65k miles, but most GM's do. LCD controls are not easy to navigate, LCD is not very clear with back up camera. Headlights/fog lights rock! Bluetooth works very well, but not easy to connect the first time compared to Ford sync. Gas mileage under normal city driving, maybe 13-15 at best. Highway maybe18-22 at best. When taken care of properly, this is a great suv to drive.

Engine failure with less than 50,000 miles

David Romer, 11/09/2016
CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I became aware of a transmission issue with this make/model of vehicle after purchasing the vehicle from my Wife's grandmother (first owner). The transmission felt like it was slipping and the service engine light came on so I attempted to drive the vehicle into the dealership, but ended up requiring a tow when the vehicle broke down on the freeway. The dealership found a broken rocker arm, opened the engine and determined that the engine required complete replacement (vehicle under 50,000 miles). I was told by the dealership that they could not identify the cause of the issue. GM offered to cover less than half of the cost to replace the engine (My bill will be $5,500). Once the engine is replaced the dealership will have to inspect the transmission and possibly replace the wave plate. My plan is to repair the vehicle, sale it, and never again drive a GM vehicle.

Night mare

JK Mir, 12/21/2015
CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it new 2009 1. All steering wheel hydraulic parts had to be replaced 2. Water pump went bad 3. Now transmission is gone.

WORST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED

Lindsey, 09/16/2015
CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my car in Feb. 2014 with 28k miles on it... A month later the steering wheel started making a whining noise. I took it to the dealership and they said "that is common with those SUV's" and this was when the recall on the power steering came out. So I said ok, what if I'm driving down the road and my power steering goes out? They said "then we will fix it." That's safe! Fix the problem AFTER something bad happens... And shortly after this I had to replace the water pump (@ $385- which was the 2nd time it had been replaced and my car still had less than 40k miles!) Then, on my way to work one day a few months later my car made a terrible noise so I pulled over... The timing chains broke (that's great for the transmission)... So I had those replaced under special policy. A few months after that... my car was running TERRIBLY. The transmission was slipping. I took it to another dealership and they fixed the 3-5-R plate under special policy but then I needed my A/C fixed as well as a coil and spark plug replaced. I ended up paying over $475 this time. A month or so later... 2 more coils and spark plugs needed replaced as well as the front engine mount. I was quoted over $1100 and my car has 62k miles on it currently!! I got the car back after the repairs and the 2nd time I drove it it is saying "LOW OIL PRESSURE. STOP ENGINE!" So I give up. I am trading it. I don't feel comfortable selling it to someone individually! I am SICK that I have to trade because I was planning on driving this for a very long time! I have 2 children and they LOVE the DVD player. I love the back up camera and we couldn't ask for anything prettier or better on the inside! When you have a car that you're going to lose over $10k on it really makes you disgusted with the company! I have contacted GM and they say "I will note your issues" .... It's like oh thanks. I'm glad you're taking the time to do that.. how about reimbursing me for all the money I've spent in repairs, tows, missed time from work because my car wouldn't start, etc. etc.??? I will NEVER buy another GM car! Worst company ever.

12345...18