Used 2009 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Have to do your homework before you buy one.
By John Smith

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2009 AWD CXL Make sure this vehicle has had the timing chain RE-program recall done before you buy or your engine will jump or stop, make sure it has had the water pump replaced. Shock go bad about 80k miles, make sure it has had a transmission fluid flush by 65k miles or you will be replacing that (be nice to your transmission, it is not durable). Do regular oil changes (a must with this engine), Steering wheel has a squeek on most of them, will possibly require coils/plugs at 65k miles, but most GM's do. LCD controls are not easy to navigate, LCD is not very clear with back up camera. Headlights/fog lights rock! Bluetooth works very well, but not easy to connect the first time compared to Ford sync. Gas mileage under normal city driving, maybe 13-15 at best. Highway maybe18-22 at best. When taken care of properly, this is a great suv to drive.

Tranny issues
By Brent Copple

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2009 Buick Enclave cxl. I bought this car in May 2017 with 130,000 miles. I have had no complaints until a couple weeks ago. Enclave shakes when accelerating up hills or from a dead stop. Loses power and runs up RPMs. Took it to dealership where it was purchased and was told the transmission needs to be replaced. So I decide to do some research about this particular vehicle and all I can find is nothing but people complaining about the transmission going out on their vehicles. My Enclave now has a hundred and seventy-one thousand miles and is worth approximately $8,000 with a good transmission. If I put a new transmission in it will cost me approximately $3,600. It's just not right when you pay for a vehicle and you can only enjoy it for a year-and-a-half because of transmission issues. I think GM has a lot of growing to take place if they're going to ever try to compete with quality of Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot. From what I read on reviews people claim they have had to replace fuel pump, power steering pump, etc. I know for sure I will not buy another GM product based on my experience and reading what other people have gone through. A $40,000 vehicle should not have transmission issues.

Never again GM
By Lisa

2009 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our 2009 Buick Enclave from a shady dealership, didn't know that at the time. It had 95000 miles on it. We loved the way it looked and we liked the way it drove. Paid way too much for it. Immediately took it to Buick because of a hesitation problem when accelerating. Was told that there were no problems. Had it for approximately a year when we found out that it needed the timing chain replaced. Took it back to Buick and were told because it was 4000 miles over the special warranty that we would have to replace the timing chain ourselves. Even though I explained that I had brought the truck to them immediately after buying it because of the same issue but they still refused to honor the special warranty. Couldn't afford to fix the problem immediately and drove it for another 9 months until it could not be driven anymore. Took it to the dealership we bought it from and they did the work on it. 3 days after getting it back the transmission blew. And since it has been one chronic issue after another. Granted the car now has 206, 000 miles on it but in this day and age that should be nothing for a car, not a $40, 000 vehicle. We are now completely upside down on our loan after putting in over $10, 000 in repairs which has included the engine control module, power steering pump, alternator, ignition coils, CV axle, catalytic converters, O2 sensor, and more. And we are now certain that we need another transmission. As soon as we can come up with the money we are turning the car over to the bank and going back to the reliable vehicles, Honda. GM sucks and I will never buy another product from them again. Not only do they put out poor quality vehicles but their customer service is awful.

Worst vehicle. STAY AWAY
By Jeremy

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Terrible reliability. Car was being repaired more than it could be driven. Normal maintenance guidelines were followed but the quality of this vehicle is horrendous. I will never buy a GM product again. No customer service support. Basically told they can’t help because it’s out of warranty. Shocks/struts, wheel bearing, steering pump failed at 60,000. Transmission began leaking right after. Coolant leak and heater failure at 80,000. That’s just some of the problems.

The class a ride
By Rollie Lewis

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car has never let me down. I'm a veteran and go to Fargo VA hospital it's a good ride , smooth and quiet comfortable. It's dependable and I need car with less miles.