Used 2001 Buick Century Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Buick Century

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Catalytic Converter Problems
By Millie

2001 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

My Problems started when car was only 6 months old. I have replaced the converter 5 times and had it in for more repairs than anyone should ever have to. I have taken it to repair places other than Buick and they do not know what is wrong. I have contacted GM on many occasions and they keep referring me back to the Buick Dealers mechanics who do not know what is wrong either. I have left the car for days and their mechanics have driven and used up my gas and still no solution. I am retired and have put 8000 dollars into this in repairs as they tell me first it need this and then something else the next time, I am at my wits end.

I have owned Buicks for years, but if no solution I will own no more

The improvements I would suggest is that you take better care of families that have been long time buyers. I would also improve the Lumbar in the seat.

Great Ride!
By Great Ride

2001 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car to take long trips across country & back. About to make the fourth long trip! Also use for commute each day. It's very comfortable, roomy, smooth on highways, safe in snow. Have replaced tires, brakes, from normal wear & tear. Light bulbs in headlamps & tail lamps seem to go out frequently compared to other cars we've had. Teenager needs a car & they will get the new one-I will keep driving the Buick!

Comfort, room. Front bench can seat three when you have extra passengers. Smooth, quiet ride.

When rear window is down but not front window, it makes a horrible, ear splitting roar for the driver! Can be fixed by opening front windows a little. Light bulbs need to be replaced frequently.

Still Rolling
By Mart

2001 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used in 2003 with 38K. Previous life was a rental. Now with over 150K all types of things have gone wrong in the past 12 months. Intake manifold leaking, cruise control out & gas gauge undependable. However I have not had any brake, exhaust, or tranny problems, and the car always started! No rust on body either. Time to trade in or give to charity, but it was a very good investment.

Bench seating, body styling, ABS, roomy rear seating, trunk space, tight steering, highway gas mileage 30.

Nothing major

great car
By r bell

2001 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

The car is very dependable. I've had no problems with it. The odometer is at 165,000. Handles well in winter weather--starts easily during those sub-zero mornings.

Air works well. The car cools down easily during those hot & humid 90+ degree days in the summer.

Improvements are being made with the next generation of Buicks. For the era this car was designed well overall.

MY econo buick
By rob

2001 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Very good on fuel if you get to speed and hold it steady ive hit 36mpg with many 35 miles per gallon. THe car rewards easy driving with cash back.

transmission which seems geared or setup for economy very good for a 3600 pound car rides very smoothly also.

Bad parts from the factory rotors had large gouges in them.