Used 2000 Buick Century Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Buick Century

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Good car but expect problems
By linnylovescars

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I am 21 years old and my Buick Century is the first car that I've ever owned. I inherited from my dad, and it's been on the road for over a year now. We bought it in 2002, when it was retiring from being a rental car with 14,000 miles. It's been in the family since then and so have 2 other Buick Century's. In recent years, the Buick had been sitting in the yard for over 3 years. That was not good!. When first having the car in my possession, all the sparkplugs stopped working when I was in the middle of the city. Everytime I drive the engine does not want to speed enough, or does not speed up at
It's a good car, although I wish it had a more modern look.

The only feature that I do like that some modern new cars don't have is the driver and passenger separate heat or a/c control. So you can have air conditioning on the drivers side and heat on the passengers side. Other than that, it's a pretty basic car.

This is a hard car to parallel park in my opinion because of how the body kind of bubbles out underneath the window. You can't see where your tire is very well, or anything at all. You just have to wing it. Also, I wish this car had a more sporty look. The new Buick's are gorgeous and they could be anybody's car, but this car just screams "senior citizen". I wish this car had more fuel efficiency, it seems to suck gas somedays but not others. But I recently did a 4 hour trip out of state on the highway and I kept it on cruise and I did 300 miles on less then a tank of gas. I was very surprised.

2000 Buick Century
By thagentleman22

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

PROS:
-A cheap luxury car. Gets you from point A to B.
-Smooth ride, good MPG. Low maintenance car.
-Comfortable, roomy seating. Bang for your $.

CONS:
-Can take a while to get up to faster speeds.
-Battery went out after 1 month. Windows went out also. Both minor problems, though.
-Rims are ugly (Not a problem with the car).

I bought this Buick in August for $5,000 from an elderly man in the desert, Palm Springs, California area. This car has close to 95,000 miles on it. Overall, it has been good to me, and after I get a new battery, I should be a happy owner for another 5 years. Very happy, so far.

-The leather seats are so smooth! -The Century embedded into the seats! -The smooth exterior color and ride!

-The rims are ugly. I'm getting custom rims. I have no problems with this car. Buick is underrated, and this is why American Cars should be taken more seriously, if made, like this one, with the person in mind. A great car. I love it!

never again
By godawgs2013

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 40k on it about two weeks later the gasket blew.Then then about a month and a half later the motor came out own it for three years right before we got rid of the piece of junk was going to need a transmission.plus the front left blinker never worked. That was enough for me will never go there a again at least not with a buick :(

style

everything

I Love My Spacious Century Custom
By Ms.Dorsey

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

I got my car a year ago from splish splash, bad dealership (opinion) they sold it with a bad gasket and within the first 3months it had to be repaired. Thank god they admitted their guilt and fixed it. "Meen Green" has been running quite smoothly ever since. I love the fact that it's so spacious. But I enjoy the concert surround sound the best. Every ride is so satisfying in my Buick!

Ride and Concert sound.

GM should use a better adhesive for the door panels, mine also has come undone and every time I open the back door it flaps back. It doesn't bother me much because I don't usually have passengers, but it's a suggestion to benefit those who do.

Multiple problems
By GT

2000 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan

The Buick is a very comfortable car that provides a nice drive. However, it is much like driving a land yacht with slow turn response. We had a large number of stupid problems that were expensive to repair -- glove compartment fell off in my hand the second year ($500 to repair, not covered by warranty); three windows have fallen off their tracks so that they cannot be rolled up ($600 each to repair), multiple problems with trunk (keeps falling on our heads despite two repairs); transmission, A/C compressor, etc etc.

Comfortable seats, lots of space, huge trunk, engine is reliable

Better quality workmanship