Used 1992 Buick Century Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Buick Century Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

The Most Reliable Car I Have Ever Had
By Andrea T

1992 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about 8 years ago for my teenage son, he drove it for a year, no problems, I have used it as a second car and we drive it almost daily. In the past 8 years we have only spent money on oil changes and new tires...this car just keeps going...the engine is a beast and the transmission is still smooth. If you need a reliable car this is it. Best $800 bucks I have spent yet.

225,000 miles and no problems...
By tiffany

1992 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

owned my 92 century for about 4 years now. i got it with 208,000 miles. in the past 4 years i've put under $500 into this car to keep it running (brakes, oil changes, cracked exhaust manifold, harmonic balancer, heater core, a couple of hoses.) all of these repairs were very easy and affordable to have repaired. the parts for this car are very cheap and easily found just about anywhere. this car is very comfortable with plenty of leg and cargo room. the trunk is huge and the back seat is so comforable, i've slept back there. this car has been incredibly reliable. no one can believe the mileage on it and how reliable it has been. i am planning on getting another buick when this one dies someday...

GREAT CAR
By bull_gator

1992 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 10 of its 20+ years of life. It has been extremely reliable. The most costly problem was when the ac died. Other than that it has never failed me. The v6 is not refined but extremely reliable. After 20+ years I still get over 23mpg running to and from work. Cup holders would be nice but it is a basic bare bones get to work/school car.

Awesome First Car
By s3b3r

1992 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I am still driving this car, and as a first car this car is amazing. Reliable, comfortable and good on gas.

Seats and wood grain interior

More cup holders

Great "Grandma Cruiser"
By biopledgiance

1992 Buick Century Sedan Special 4dr Sedan

I received this car a year ago for free at 109k miles. I now have 121k. I use it around town as a daily driver to work and school. This car's engine is very impressive and has quite a bit of go. The only mechanical problems I've had were the harmonic balancer ($35)and an ignition coil ($30). The interior is spacious, and very comfortable as a driver and side passenger. The back seat itself is very soft, comfy, and great for kids, however taller (> 5'10")folks will have to spread their legs. The trunk is massive! I have no issue fitting anything there! Mileage is decent and as much as I race it about it still does great. Handling and suspension are that of a small boat, but better than most.

Fast V6! BIG TRUNK! Cadillac like styling. Classy and tasteful. Great reliability, cheap repairs. Carries 6! Great friend hauler. Big and unafraid of smaller cars.

Tachometer. Interior color choices. Center console/cup holders. Seat belts out of the doors. Back windows down all the way!? Non-transversal engine, rear wheel drive, manual trans. option. (there is a trans. hump in the cabin) Better performance option. Supercharger from the 3.8?