Used 2004 BMW Z4 Consumer Reviews - 223 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 model:

my review
By Makobimmer

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first roadster ever and I love it! Most verts Ive driven have lots of body shake and feel like they are falling apart. This car is TIGHT! No shakes over the roughest of roads. The performance is top notch. The handling is incredible. I try my hardest to get the rearend to fishtail in safe settings....cant do it! The interior is very teutonic, very German, very luxurious....top notch.

The Bangle styling really gets the looks. I'm told that my car looks so much better in person than it looks in pictures. It definitely has a unique, forward thinking design.

The radio....uuugh! When the top is down, the display cannot be seen whether in shade or direct sun due to the upward angle of the display. it should be angled down or shaded for viewing. The reception is shoddy. I expect better for the 47K sticker price on my car.

Awesome Performance !
By TurboCarrara

2004 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great performance - braking, corners, pickup. Comfortable but stiff ride - but expected in a roadster. Actually gets better gas mileage than expected.

Convertible is great. I love the look & detailing of the body.

When you wash the car, some water gets under the door - it doesn't actually get in the car, but it's annoying.

Landshark; Rules the road
By BayAreaBMWFan

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is truly the Ultimate Driving Machine. I have an SMG transmission which allows you to shift manually with automatic clutching. I have the control of the manual with no clutching hassles! With the Sports mode on, the car gives an amazing feel. The engine sound and in the gut acceleration really gets the juices flowing. The steering is responsive and the suspension tight; this is not a touring sedan. I test drove the Z3 before buying this, and this car feels and drive very differently. It is a lot more powerful and "manly". When I look at it from the front it reminds of a shark & the Z4 rules the road like one. BMW leases are not expensive; get a Z4. Money well spent.

SMG Transmission; 7 second power top down; interior fit and finish; engine acoustics; trunk space (enough for our Costco trips); the body lines....

Cup holders, side visibility with top down.

Awesome car
By TEREN-Z4

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with this car at the dealer. It was love at first sight. I went to look at the practical 330xi. I had a 5 series for my last 2 cars and thought I wanted the sporty 3 series with all wheel drive for the mountains of NC. I saw the Z4 and had visions of a jet fighter. It just looks so awesome to me. Well the test drive was even more impresive, I had to have one. The car is so great that we drove it to key west on our vacation rather than flying. It was so cool.

The body style is the best of any roadster I've seen and when sitting in the Z4 it has a slung back feeling

I really do not know how the Z4 could be any better than it aleady is.

The best car ever
By paul_viper1

2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It is quite cheap to run, extreme performance, comfortable seats, heaps of room, bottom line it is the best car ever (that I've driven).

Stereo, seats, GPS, 'roof'.

None, it is so good