Used 2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews

3.0i 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (7 reviews )

ole blue...[non-permissible content removed]
By Charles McRoy

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

absolutely love this car. i am 6ft 4 in. got the seat all the way back and no issues. runs like a dream. i did research and parts is parts concerning repair. i scrounge the parts yard and have scored on z3 interior parts. have a tool box full of mechanical parts also. so far only 1 coil pack went bad. interior is good so long as you stay on top of it. use leather conditioner and the seats will fit like a glove. there is a site for bmw's that give the build date and what options it came with. i actually traced it to the original owner and he was surprised to hear about it. don't plan on parting ways with this car any time soon.

I Miss My Girl
By Kufa

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car in 2001 brand new! In 2009 some hater totaled it in the blink of an eye. I literally cried for 3 days. I didn't lease it I bought it as an investment. I had it 8 years and 3 of those years it was paid for. I loved driving my bimmer - we were one. Her turning ratio was fantastic, pickup speed fabulous and just and all around classy car.

leather seats, harmon kardon standard speaker system, unbelievable trunk space for such a small car, lots of room in console

The moon roof! Who designed this fantastic car and then gave it a moonroof that barely opens. Should have had a sun roof that could roll open up and roll back on a beautiful day. I was always afraid to put one in mine. That moon roof was so boring.

My little "ugly" coupe
By lawrence thompson

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Z3 coupe about a year and a half ago. It has never stopped turning heads (one of the reasons I bought it in the first place). The car performs the way one would expect a BMW to perform... with elan and enthusiasm. The styling is what I love about the car, above performance. It's been described as looking "like a high top tennis shoe", but that's usually with an appreciative smile. The car has been very reliable, as one would expect from this manufacturer. I expect I'll keep this car forever... after all, since the coupe is no longer manufactured, it will only become more unique with the passing of time.

Design and performance

Upgraded interior. It's a BMW, after all

Most Fun w/o a women involved
By MOMO333SP

Z3 Coupe is fast and responsive. Point
and shoot steering. Great in the rain.
More curb appeal than a Ferrari. No
mechanical problems / only routine
maint.

Hatchback is handy for shopping. Sound system is great. Seats are very comfortable on long trips.

Throatier exhaust. Shorter throw shifter.

Best car I've had
By dave j

2001 BMW Z3 Hatchback 3.0i 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

No factory defects, No down time,
basic service only