Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used X6 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.63 out of 5 stars

5.0 vs 3.5 no comparison

Chad, 09/29/2009
2008 BMW X6 xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

We test drove the 3.5 and loved the styling. The car handled and had acceptable acceleration but felt heavy. When looking at the weight, I knew that having the 5.0 engine would make all the difference in the world. Well when I went down to test drive it… words can’t describe it. Many people say “I don’t get it”… I can tell you, get behind the wheel and you “Will Get It!”. I know it’s not for everyone and honestly, that was a whole level beyond why I wanted it. In the three months I’ve had it, I’ve only seen 3 on the road. I can’t count the FX, ML’s, RX’s, and Cayenne’s. There is a sense of exclusivity that comes with owning one. If you don’t like attention, don’t by an X6.

A fun vehicle to drive

hog4oc, 05/13/2008
2008 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I just trade in the 2006 530Xi wagon, love this vehicle, fun to drive, have the SUV high command feeling, but with good road performance. Now I hate my 07 Escalade.

SUV on steriods!

PaulCKim74, 07/16/2008
2008 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

BMW's first SUV that drives like a sports car. Despite the sacrifice of the utility aspect, the SAV is a heavy, well build automobile with sufficient twin turbo engine, and impressive handling, performance and spacious comfort for four. There are numerous high-tech gadgets and functions in the car to entertain you and make you feel real good. The drawbacks: no utility/no space, gas-guzzler even for the V6, pricey when equipped fully, the navigation dvd processor is too noisy, and finally the design attracts too much attention. If you can afford one go for it. I'm enjoying mine.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Love the Ride

GOOGL, 08/05/2008
2008 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Gotta say, I was thinking of an AWD vehicle after living in Illinois and having a 550i that was fun to drive in the summer, but in Chicago winters a bear to control. I was in the market for AWD w/o the boxy look. I walked into the showroom and they were unloading it from the semi-trailer. I fell in love with the shape and the wide stance. I can also say it chews up the curves and has been a definite attention getter. To becoming almost an annoyance. I feel like a rock star when I'm behind the wheel. The ride height is perfect and the handling is superb. Needs a little more pep in the 6 cylinder.

2.38 out of 5 stars

Flashy headache

MrObjective, 09/24/2008
2008 BMW X6 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Sure, it gets attention, but I wish more attention had been given to practical design. It's nearly impossible to see out of the rear window making reverse a dangerous exercise. The rear view camera display states to "never rely solely on camera" when that's exactly what the driver must do. Side vision is also hampered by the steep drop off of the front fenders--the driver can't tell see the outboard edge of the car. The liftgate has two opening heights, but getting past the low one is fiddly at best, making loading anything back there a long reach into a shallow slit opening. Super- expensive tires. People will look at you, alright, but I'd rather the car be more user friendly.