Used 2000 BMW X5 SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used X5 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Experience with BMW X-5

bjam, 02/25/2004
4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

In 4 years and 49000 miles this car has been in the shop for a repair just twice, both under warranty. The car is as tight and fun to drive as the day I bought it. I never keep cars after the warranty has expired, but in this case I am making an exception. I can't find another car I like any better, and it is so good I figure maybe to save a little money and stay with it for another year or so.

Worst car or truck I have ever owned!

tomwillard, 08/30/2011
4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

I have owned 6 different 3s and bought the suv for my wife because she wanted a suv. I have had good luck with my other BMWs but this X5 was the worst thing I have ever owned. It does have power and does drive more like a sports car then a suv but the thing was the worst built car I have ever owned. Everything that could go wrong has. I had a few friends that worked at the dealership and they told me they are junk but I already had purchased it and was stuck with it. After I started having problems I did some googleing and found tht everyone has the same problems. I am about to post it on craigslist for parts. I will never own another BMW. Crappy service too.

BMW X5 Review

Bpruett, 12/22/2007
4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

This has been a very good car. It now has 120000 miles. The only thing other than reg maint was the transfer case/transaxle was replaced at about 75000 miles. This wasn't under complete warr. BMW shared the cost even though strict maint had been documented. At 117000, I installed a new alternator . It cost 350.00 which was a deal compared to the 750.00 that BMW wanted. I did the labor myself. I repair cars for a living so I keep very good maint schedules on my stuff.

2000 BMW X5 4.4i AWD Automatic

X5 Fan, 10/08/2009
4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

Finish and quality of materials is first class. Performance is awesome! It handles in curves like any other BMW X5 or X6.

Looking for another brand next time

mf, 08/24/2002
4.4i 4dr SUV AWD

Many small things have gone wrong or broken in the vehicle, which meant many trips to the dealer to have them repaired. There were two major recalls, one regarding faulty acceleration, I almost gone plowed over by a tactor trailer when the truck did not accelerate through an intersection. The other for the braking system. Not a very pleasnt BMW experience for me and I was a tried and true customer. This was my third BMW. I am looking at other brands for my next SUV! Check carefully the cars history if you buy one used.