Used 2006 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW X3 Consumer Reviews

3.0i 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (53 reviews )

Pricy to repair and not very reliable
By CLR

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We bought this suv pre- owned and it is great on winter roads. The problem is that we were told there was a bmw dealership in Montana. Right..BMW motorcycles. So every time it needs warranty work, frequent recall repairs or the very expensive frequent oil leaks, we are forced to usually drive to Washington or Idaho. The cost and frequency of repairs alone would prevent me from ever buying another BMW.

I would not buy another or a BMW again for that ma
By Bob T

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Repair and maintenance are very high costs that must be added into owning this or any BMW. Things that never or rarely fail on other cars ofter fail in this. The two repairs that irked me were the oil pan gasket $1500 and replacing the front propeller shaft 3 times. It's also sensitive to cold weather and the cold weather oil separator is crucial or you have the potential for thosands in repairs, it handles awesome but I'll buy a Toyota next.

awesome
By Wolfdancer04

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

the ultimate driving machine even for an SUV. love this car!! the way it drives and handles, awesome! ! If you love to drive .then BMW is the car for you! I have had it almost a year, bought it with 80,000 Miles, it has 95,000 now and it runs great.. car also handles very well in snow..I do know they are expensive to work on, I did buy a warranty and had to use it once....save me $600....so far so good with Warranty Direct

Best in class
By Joe Hicks

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My BMW X3 seems to beg to be driven. It seems to be engineered to perform. The 6 cylinder has been very strong to have 130,000 miles on it. I would recommend anyone in the market for a suv to explore this option.

fun to drive and reliable
By Nancy

2006 BMW X3 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Its definitely not a luxury vehicle. It fun to drive. I live in a hilly city and this little baby just wips around the curves. The leather seats are horrible. Im use to better quality. I also live in extreme heat so the seats make everyone sweat. I wish it had more cup holders. The one on the passenger side is broke. Its cheap plastic. I will say I have 185000 miles on this baby. Its paid for and its mine. Its gotten me everywhere I need to go and Im grateful. My mechanic says it will run forever. It cost a lot when it needs something but as far as reliable ,well Its on top The sun roof cover wont close all the way.I have to many miles to care. I'm giving it to my daughter and getting a newer suv. Just not sure what. I thought I would write a review since Im looking for a new suv and the smaller ones are not getting great reviews. To sum it up this baby has been worth it but I want more luxury. Have not had any complaints about the bigger suvs I have owned. Oh except gas mileage. Hope this helps
here is an update. Gave this car to my daughter going to college. She loves it and its safe. I bought myself a Lexus SUV and I LOVE it. Cant go wrong. My first review sums it up.