Used 2007 BMW M6 Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M6 model:

AWESOME POWER AND STYLE
By JOHN JACKSON

2007 BMW M6 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This is a true driver's car, not for the casual driver, but for the driving enthusiast who enjoys the experience of driving a sporty, powerful and luxurious automobile.

M6 CON VERTABLE
By steven lewis

AMAZING IN EVERY WAY

It *IS* my everyday car
By matomizer

2007 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This is my everyday car, except for my wife's minivan which I don't really drive.
I love love love this car.
I bought it used a year and a half ago and it has never ceased to amaze me every time I get behind the wheel.
I don't mind the smg.
I just shift it how I want anyway and go back and forth between auto and manual.
I played around with the shift points until I just finally left it on default.
I love being able to just BE where I want to be in traffic without thinking.
BMW was faithful to the spirit of man when they built this car.

My favorite feature is the M button. I don't have to drive around like a maniac all the time, only when I want to.

The cupholders of course need to be reworked, but I will say you better have a lid on any drink you might have inside the car. You never know when the urge to pull G's around a hair pin turn is going to strike, or the need to go 150+ MPH, or the need to go 0-100 when the light turns green.

A track car, not for every day use
By nyfo

2007 BMW M6 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Speed, engine sound, interior, exterior - awesome! That's why I bought it.. But SMG... Yes, you can adopt, learn how to drive it smoothly. But if you have to "adopt" every time you drive it - it becomes a pain. Took it on the track - INCREDIBLE power, handling in M mode, everything. But driving it every day - SMG kills it all. Hopefully they will put a new "double clutch" on it I have on my Z4 now. That would make this car an absolute dream!

Handling, looks, sound, feel.

Change SMG with double clutch and move the stupid cup holder from the passenger laps.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE M6
By Philip

2007 BMW M6 2dr Convertible (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

My M6 developed a thirst for oil at just 1,800 kilometres and used an average of 1 litre of oil per 1,000 kilometres until BMW agreed to replace the engine. A combination of having to stop every 1,000 kilometres to top up the oil and a faulty tyre pressure indicator made BMW's fastest convertible actually slower on trips than my daughter's Smart ForTwo. Add to this the fact that BMW Australia apparently don't stock parts and the fact that you can't buy tyres for them and you've got a car that reminds me of the old Jaguar joke that you need to buy 2 of them so you'll always have 1 to drive while the other one is in being fixed.