Used 2016 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 7 Series for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

HAD THE CAR A TOTAL OF 2 DAYS IN 2 WEEKS

lisagmomof3, 01/21/2016
750i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I really don't know what to say about this car other than I'm very disappointed. Had it for 12 hours and it died twice. Got it back a week later and it died again. Both times it died while driving! Needless to say I had it towed out of my garage and did not want it back. I was given a 2016 7 loaner and that died too…..coincidence or is someone trying to tell me something? Don't get me wrong the car is beautiful, but should be spitting out rainbows for the price of the car. It was FULLY LOADED everything you can get I had in the car. So as the saying goes" 3 times is a charm", I am waiting for the new 7 which replaces the first one i leased. Wish me luck…..if this one dies I will NEVER go back. Such a shame.

Hold on that Lexus!

Donna Slappey, 01/27/2017
740i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Been a Lexus owner for the past 20 years. They just don't make them like they used to, body style is way too Darth Vader for me! Never thought I would buy a BMW product again but my 740 has changed my mind. Never looked back.

Lemon!!

Nate K, 05/17/2016
750i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Sometimes we can not change sat radio stations, was on a two hour car ride and was stuck on Pitbull radio. We can highlight another station, use the scroll wheel on the steering wheel, finger gesture to skip to the next station it will not select or enter. I called the service dept multiple times and finally got through. She said to restart the car. The last 5 or 6 times this happened it took half a dozen to a dozen restarts. I had to turn it off and get out, lock it to put it in hibernation and restart. This is happening more and more with this car. Other issues: -Cruise control will shut off completely on the expressway when you hit a bump. Have to turn it back on and set it again. -moonroof rattles and squeaks, sounds like a ten year old clunker. Have to vent it to stop the noise. Closing the sun shade muffles the noise. -camera's fail for parking. 360 and either front or back camera's. "camera fault" black screen. -safety systems fail and have faults, lane keeping, side monitoring stop working. -adaptive cruise has failed a few times, fault and will not work. sensor fault. Close call with the car in front of me stopping!! -display key locks up a lot. Gets stuck under sub menu's and will not go back to main menu. Have to hold the power button for 30 seconds to reset it. -Display key will not show the correct info on the car. Car is locked and it shows on the key car is unlocked. Will show moonroof or windows are open when they are closed. Had to run outside to double check. -says key battery is dead on the display in dash. Display key is above half full battery. -I played with the auto park feature and it ran the car into the curb twice. -Samsung tablet will not connect to the car for back seat passengers, have to restart a lot or reconnect the tablet to the car. Will not control anything if you can get it beyond the connecting scrolling circle. When the car was delivered to us the BMW genius had issues with the tablet, I could not leave the dealership for a while until he figured it out. -Voice control says it is not available a lot when you hit the button on the steering wheel. Example: I will try to respond to a text message through voice and it will not work, "the function is currently not available" The dealership has been horrible to deal with, can't get it in for two weeks!!

The best 740i ever

Ilya Kuntsevich, 12/05/2016
740i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I was looking for a new car for quite some time, as my M5 E60 was becoming a classic and I needed more comfort, better gas milage and front massage seats. I test drove Tesla P85D, Mercedes S-class and they didn't impress me - heavy cars with bad corners handling. When I first test drove 740i it really impressed me with lightness and super easy handling of the steering wheel. It is a big car, but driving it feels like it is not - engine, transmission, suspension combination is absolutely flawless. I now have 1000 miles on it and drove it for one month and love it every time I see it and I drive it. Technology and iDrive are top-notch, giving you a feeling of a spaceship, and not quite a car. The only shortcoming includes no full integration with Apple products (no screen mirroring and bad connectivity via bluetooth), which works great with Android products. Another shortcoming is lack of unlimited WiFi for the car from ATT - for some reason all you get is 10GB.

Gimmicky disappointment

Chris Brickman, 06/15/2017
750i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I traded a 2016 S550 for a 2016 750ix with very low miles on it. That was a big mistake. The ride and drive is better in the big Merc - and the new 750 feels soft and "un-BMW like". In addition, the front seats are better in the Merc. Finally, the iDrive technology in the new 750 is gimmicky and unreliable. It is constantly glitching with my iPhone and I have had it into a dealer 3 times to update the software to remove issues. Bottom line, BMW had 2 years after the S550 redesign to one up MB - and they embarrassed themselves by launching this poorly engineered car. I have owned many BMWs over the years, but this will likely be my last.