Used 1993 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

great used car buy
By Kelton

1993 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

These are well built cars...with less problems of every series after this one ( due to less weight and less electronics). They can have some problems with eractic ecm control modules but mine has had any). I got it at 99k miles, needed normal maintenance items only ( brakes/waterpump) but an unusual a/c blower fix ( the 'sword' replaced since that fixes the blower motor issue only working on 'high'...basically a soldering issue). A previous owner did have the transmission replaced at 72k which seems ridiculous to me....more often than not, replacing the tranny fluid and filter keep it going great. I get 26-29mpg on highway driving carefully at 75mph, quiet, solid, low insurance costs.....can save $$ doing things yourself and most all 'issues' are fixable and identified on the bmw forums.

Still an Awesome Driving Machine!
By Dave Seashore

1993 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

I have owned a '79 320i and a '84 528e. I bought my beautiful white 740i back in 2002 - it had 123,000 miles and cost only $9,000. That was less than I paid for my 1 year old 320 in 1980! I put Bilstein shocks on it as I did my others. It handles like a dream - it is the perfect mix of size and power. Drives like a magic carpet on the freeway and a sports sedan around town and on the open road. It isn't fragile with super low profile tires and low front air-dams like cars of today - I don't slow down for dips driveways or speed bumps.

I love my Big Grey Bomber
By mrduck1

1993 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

I've enjoyed a wonderful 17 yr relationship with this 20-year old car. Purchased with 40k mi for $35k back in 1995. I've spent $40k since then maintaining. So when they say your purchase of a 7-series is just the beginning they're not kidding. You should locate a trustworthy independent BMW technician before you buy used. Nevertheless, at 230k mi it continues to deliver a great driving performance... 90+ mph feels like it's on a rail and could easily go faster. Wherever I go people comment on how good it looks.

Smooth powerful engine and drive train.Great stopping power. Very comfy interior, and not cluttered with i-drive and other electronic gizmos. No cup holder ? No problem... use a sailor's coffee cup flanged at the bottom.

I wished they had kept this E32's iconic body style a few years longer, but time marches on.

Absolutely love it!
By Henry M

1993 BMW 7 Series 740i 4dr Sedan

Love this machine, very solid, fast, beautiful curves, comfortable, reliable, a real head turner! Absolutely love it!

Handling, it's fast, solid braking, beautiful design.

A built in cup holder would have been a great idea for those German Designers to think about!

Wow factor!
By dave

1993 BMW 7 Series 740iL 4dr Sedan

This is my 3rd BMW. Having owned 2 6-series in the past I wanted a big sedan to haul the family and clients. This was a cream puff with only 78000 miles after 13 years and has been very dependable and comfortable. I have replaced the front brakes and driveline as both were causing vibration and now it's as smooth as silk. Perfect blend of luxury and performance. I have installed aftermarket wheels and performance tires which made a big difference. 25 mph corners at 65 mph NO PROBLEM! 0-60 in a blink and I still get 19 mpg in all around driving. I had it detailed recently and it looks like new. I love this car!

Traction control keeps you from spinning your wheels.

Cup holders would be nice. BMW doesn't want you drinking in their cars I guess.