Used 2002 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Beemer Shmeemer
By Keptcomn

About 150k sensors fail

Satisfied 5 series owner.
By JimD

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased when 2.5 years old. Car still drives great at age 16, mileage 170k. Amazingly little money in maintenance in last several years.

Love my e39
By Jose arevalo

2002 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Would defiantly keep my e39 till death does us apart. Once you have a bmw you never look back and its stands out from the rest.

I'm a Mercedes guy, Fell in Love with my BMW
By zachary

2002 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased a 2002 525i, first thing I always do is put the biggest rims with the skinniest tires. So I bought a set of 20" Lorenzo 2 piece aluminum wheels, with some Yokahama tires. Doesn't effect ride or speedometer. Beautiful car. Drives like a dream. Stops well, handles well. Doesn't burn any oil. Its quiet. And it is super sexy looking. I get great gas mileage. Of course you need to fill up with premium, but who cares? It says to do it, so do it. This car is fast too. I didn't think that a 2.5 litre inline 6 would be as fast as it is. I do wish it was an x drive, but hey I paid 3500 for the car. It does have 184k, but I'll tell you what. This car has to have been garage kept, no rust, no dents, paint is mint, interior is beautiful. I have no complaints. Everything works as intended. The radio LED lights are screwing up, but I guess they all do that.
All in all, I love the car. There are a couple little things, the led on the radio, the cupholders suck, but hey, it's got an ashtray. Thumbs up on the ashtray!!! My kids fit in the car well, the headlights look sweet, I just want to tint the windows, and I'm all set. I will definatly buy another bmw in the future. I love Mercedes Benz, and i kinda just grabbed this up cause it was a good price, and I knew it ran well, plus I work at the car lot. I recommend BMW for everyone.

Desert Driver
By VINCENT MORRISSEY

2002 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

These vehicles require a great deal of preventative maintenance. They can be prohibitively expensive. Having said that they are a pure pleasure to drive. Odometer now reads 160,000. Wouldn't trade it for anything on the road.