Used 2010 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series Gran Turismo model:

Excellent Car to drive but high maintenance...
By Rainbow

2010 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback 550i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I have been leasing the car for all most 3 years. Car runs great! The reliability is a big issue, disappointed from "German Engineering" and luxury driving machine. The fuel pump went out when the car was a little over 50K miles right after the warranty expires. It would have cost about $2,500 to repair it, but luckily the charge was waved as I stressed on disappointing quality of the upscale automobile. I still had to pay $1,500 to replace my front breaks. I am not sure now how much more need to spend to keep the car.... I will definitely return the car once the lease expires and not plan to own old BMW as the reliability is uncertain.

Not pretty but very capable
By Mike

2010 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback 535i 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

While I never cared for the styling of this car I think it was probably the most comfortable car we ever owned. Seats were great with excellent visibility. Drove the car from LA to Philly and would do that trip again - only in another GT. I have to sneak up on it in a parking lot, but once inside it is remarkably comfortable. Just routine maintenance, no surprises. Rear seats down there is quite a bit of space to haul stuff. Not wanting a crossover or SUV this is a great compromise.

BMWGT
By Richard

2010 BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo Hatchback 550i 4dr Hatchback (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Great Road Trip car!

2010 BMW 550i GT
By Nick

I bought this car used on ebay motors from a Florida dealership. I knew nothing about this car before before I saw the auction. I fell in love at first sight. I did a little research, and bought the car the next day. I have had it since November 2016. Such a smooth ride, excellent transmission, engine, and suspension. This is the first German made car I have owned. and the quality is amazing compared to every "American made" car I have owned. With the proper maintenance, I expect this car to last a very long time.

Great All Around Car
By ironsalmon2

Every car has there demographic, and afew can branch over those barriers. This is defiantly one of those cars. I have never gotten so many compliments from people of all ages. For me personally, this is my 3rd BMW. I've had a 750li and a 530i which were great cars in there own right , but this car has so many more usable features and functions.
The ride is quiet and very good over bumps. If you change the setting into Sport , the car becomes a serious sports sedan, with quicker steering, and faster throttle response.
The hatch gives the car much more functionality over a standard trunk.
I have since traded in for a 2015 BMW X4 which is similar in that it's a hatch, and a real great car. But I have to tell you the 535 gt was a 7 series . It's exactly what the car was with a hatch. To me it was a practical 7 series.
X4 is much sportier, amazing that it sits higher but handles like a sports car. Bmw gets copied on every car they make , and it always trickles down through every manufacture.