Skip to main content
$41,250

Save as much as $2,154
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Perfect Balance

JS, 04/28/2021
M340i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

For those on a strict budget, the 330i does offer a lot. What it doesn’t offer is nearly 400hp from a silky smooth inline 6. Without driving a M340i, you won’t know what you’re missing. Once you drive one, you won’t want anything else. This car’s drivetrain is the star of the show. It has virtually no weaknesses. Instant torque, quick throttle response, a smooth and quick-shifting 8 speed transmission with mental telepathy, and great fuel economy to boot. For me and many others, this is just a perfect power plant. The interior? I love it, but taste is subjective. Controls are intuitive and well placed. The infotainment system is typical BMW — complex, robust, responsive, and worth the steep learning curve. Plenty of leg room and head room. Seats are very supportive and well bolstered. Some find the exterior plain or without the typical BMW hallmark style. I think it will age well because it’s not overly stylized and doesn’t try too hard to follow recent trends (looking at you, Hyundai and Toyota). Adaptive LED headlights are great and, unlike another certain BMW model, the 3 series is blessed with a grille smaller than Lake Superior. Honestly, in spite of the relatively tame steering feel and highly insulated interior, I think this car is a modern classic that will earn itself a great reputation down the road. BMW has really improved its game, especially with drivetrains, interior technology, and reliability. The M340i is a home run.

It's Fun to Drive Again

John in PA, 03/19/2021
M340i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I've had this car for about six weeks, and I still can't wait to drive this car every time I get behind the wheel. The thing that I like the most about this car is that it does what you tell it to do - in every way. If you want to go - it goes! If you want to stop - it stops! I don't even know what you have to do to overdrive a corner - it holds the road like no car I've ever had. Your wish is it's command. On top of that, I get 29 mpg in mixed driving around town! The only knock on this car is that the entertainment system operation is clunky, but everything else has met or exceeded my expectations. I'm all in!

Value for Money BMW

Krish Bellamkonda, 07/02/2021
330i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I traded in a 2020 Subaru WRX STI since the used car values for the car was higher than what I had paid. I was looking for a much more economical(fuel economy), great handling vehicle which was not marked up crazy in these times(1H 2021). So i test drove a lot of vehicles, found the steering terrible and handling not to my liking, incl. Audi A4/S4, BMW M340i and Lexus IS350. For the money and deals on offer(16% off MSRP, with Costco Auto Program & corporate sales program incentives), the BMW 330i(RWD) was the best handling car with lots of space and awesome technology(iDrive has improved a lot and love it better than Audi's Cockpit). I dont have many options and it was much cheaper than the competition and for the pure rear wheel drive experience in a safe and spacious vehicle with gas mileage(34-40 mpg), nothing else comes close. The only drawbacks for me were steering( little vague, but I came from hydraulic power steering in STI) and lack of essential features like keyless entry(Convenience Package was not there on my vehicle). I also came from a manual transmission vehicle and I was worried about performance and the ZF 8 speed gearbox and fun handling more than make up for my loss in manual transmission. It rides beautifully and I purposefully did not opt for M Sport package which brings staggered tires and rims which hurt the handling sharpness of a square tire and rims. I dont take it to the track, so e-differential didnt matter to me as much. The biggest revelation is that M340i was something I was keen on and I honestly felt steering and handling wise, it was not as fun as the base humble 330i. The 15-20k premium is purely for the lovely engine, but the 4 cylinder surprised me with the responsiveness and efficiency. For other comparisons, Audi S4 was great, but the handling was not same as a pure RWD. Lexus IS350 had great motor, but there were space deficits. Same with G70 and Alfa Romeo. The technology is intimidating, but some of the best executions I have seen. I have owned '17 Audi A4 and '13 BMW 3 series(with old iDrive) and I can unequivocally say that it is vastly improved and voice recognition legit works and even for someone with an accent. So for the price I paid and for what I received for STI, I believe I got a great deal for a car which is no less fun than STI, but with a different feel and great gas mileage. It was hard for me to let go of the Subaru( I have had WRX and STI in the past 4 years). But BMW has upped it game with G20 (2019+ ) 3 series and it is worth evey penny as long as the MSRP is in under 45K. The options are a killer on this vehicle and please refrain away if you can and for the base vehicle, this is an awesome deal, even in these times.

Great car

Akshay Dhawan, 04/25/2021
330i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Smooth ride, feels like you’re gliding along, infotainment is intuitive and fun to use, safety features work well. Only complaint is the seats aren’t as comfortable as a Lexus for example.

Finally ditched the SUV trend

GTF, 04/30/2021
updated 11/03/2021
M340i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Last two vehicles were '15 Porsche Macan S (delivered on launch day), and '19 BMW X5, both excellent, but a bit shy in the fun quotient. Now this new M340i...back to looking forward to driving....somewhere, anywhere. Haven't had this much driving enjoyment since my '99 E36 M3. This car does everything well. Both powerful and efficient. Solid (rigid) construction, quiet, and handles better than the Macan. 90 mph feels like 60. This B58 inline six mated to the ZF 8 transmission is incredible....every bit equal (imo) to the Porsche PDK. No more SUV's for me...long live the Sport Sedan. If you want ride a little softer, and don't need the 382 hp, the 330i is a great choice. Just don't test drive the M340...it'll cost you some $$.