Used 2016 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

The High Price Of Luxury.
By Rick DeMichele

2016 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive SULEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

For a German car that costs so much on initial purchase, It does not hold it value very long. If you like speed and tight performance, this could be the car for you. You feel every bump, crack and crannies in the road. The run flat tires with stiff sidewalls, adds to the performance level and harsh ride. The 2.0 liter turbo has plenty of get up and go upon request. The gas mileage was pretty good even while driving at 80 mph freeway speeds. You can hear the husky sound of the motor. Was not impressed with the purchase experience and readiness of the vehicle at pickup time. This soured my impression of BMW overall. The service department was unable to find a noise in the dashboard that was heard after a hard braking then accelerating. I usually don't buy the same brand twice.

Good looking but uncomfortable
By Raph

2016 BMW 3 Series 320i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The car was lent by the dealership for several days. It feels really safe and handling is great, unfortunately it is really uncomfortable and noisy. I liked the GPS but the sound system is mediocre. MPG was fine but the 2.0l engine was a bit underpowered. BMW look great but are really uncomfortable and noisy.

Get a better 3series - not a 320
By Jennifer

2016 BMW 3 Series 320i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my 2nd BMW. My first was a 2014 328xi and I LOVED everything about it, except the fact that I was in 3 accidents with it, which is why I did not buy it after my lease. I was told by the BMW salesperson that the 320xi was exactly like my 328xi. Lies. It is actually nothing like it except that they are both BMWs. I can tell you that this is a slug at 180hp, a slug. Also, I am getting 20, yes 20 miles per gallon out of this car and I have about 4,000 miles on it. My much faster, more hp 328xi got at least 24 mpg. Also, something is rattling already on the ceiling/door panel, I cannot quite pinpoint it but I don't think that should be happening on a brand new BMW. Doors also feel cheap. I would recommend getting a 328 or 330 instead of a 320...they are WORLDS different. This car would not stop me from getting another BMW and I cannot wait to get out of this lease!

Diesels Continue to Rule!
By CHDriver

2016 BMW 3 Series 328d xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Buyers should try driving a "diesel" engine BMW before committing to a gasser. I have been a life-long diesel driver and the VW/Audi TDIs and now this BMW diesel just do not disappoint. The handling, torque and mpg make these cars great for long-term ownership. This car is a little over the top with electronics, but I do appreciate all the safety technology. This is a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) car, which made it affordable. Try it; you'll like it!

08/10/2017 Update: Extremely pleased with the car. The exterior styling of the "station wagon" is so classic and, at times, a head-turner. Diesel fuel economy still continues to amaze. Interstate driving with cruise set at 77mph the mpg is 41-mpg. Driving at 60-mph the mpg touches 50! Overall: 37-mpg! The different driving modes allow you to tune the car's responsiveness, from Eco-pro, to Comfort, to Sport, and to Sport+ at the touch of a button. To date no issues have arisen. Quality car! Unfortunate that diesels are now almost unavailable. The search is worth the effort.

02/14/2018 Update: No issues. Beginning to drive it harder than maybe I should but it's so much fun! Definitely a keeper.

Girlfriend loves the "her" car!
By Scott

2016 BMW 3 Series 320i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Got a CPO 2016 with less than 15K miles from local BMW dealer(Century BMW-Greenville, SC). Sales process was fantastic and made very easy! Dark gray exterior with black, non-leather seats...with the Sport package(a must). Handles wonderfully, but not a hot rod...at least for me. Girlfriend, for whom I bought it, loves it though as compared to her old 2013 Honda Accord. Doesn't have the navigation or even heated seats, but it is the core of what I grew up knowing about BMWs: great handling cars, with a torquey engine, and very-good build quality. Anxious myself to take it on a trip to air it out a little. She tells me the gas mileage is as good, if not better, than her Honda Accord. That's a welcome thing to hear! Hard to beat getting such a nice car for the same price as a brand new, but more mundane car. Only small complaint relates to the run-flat tires...not cheap at about $300/tire. Oh well...