Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Amazing sporty fun to drive wagon
By Loco29

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a small low to the ground car. Not for my 250 lb son or my 6’ husband, but they both drive it in a pinch. The steering brakes and engine are performance perfect. Very fast off the line. Totally solid and stable at 80 mph. Drives like a little tank in snow. Manual transmission is fun and handy in unpredictable conditions. Love that the seats can fold back and the back window opens to carry long things like fishing poles. Double sized sun roof somewhat appeases my desire for air and sun. Infrequent but expensive repairs. My dealer proved themselves to be kind and service oriented but untrustworthy on the need for some repairs, especially once I ran out of warranty. Good mechanics who work on German cars can be found and the charges are reasonable. This car has over 100,000 miles and is 10 years old and still some riding guests claim they thought it was new!

My wagon wheel of dreams
By AlumofCU

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Make sure you have the car completely checked out if you are buying used like I did. Make sure there are new spark plugs, and the ignition coils have been replaced. The car leaks oil a bit and I had a window regulator fail, but all are fairly inexpensive and easy to do. Do not go to the dealer for these things. You can do them yourself with little knowledge and you tube videos. Also, my windshield fluid pump failed and I have yet to replace that but here in SoCal, not much of an issue milking that repair. Regardless, check you tube first. Almost all of the repairs can be done by you.

Wagon
By Wagon addict

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

seems small compared to my old magnum but it's really roomy inside for the driver and passenger, rear seat can be a problem for someone over 6'1, but everything else is a dream, the ride blows away the 530i I recently had and the acceleration is pretty decent in DS mode, I like the xdrive, esp in the rain as the car feel more secure on the road. haven't had a maintenance issue or a problem and I bought it with over 50k on it. Compared to any other car I have ever driven including the 7 series, this is the most fun and rewarding. precision handling, stiff but comfortable handling and ride and decent power and storage. I like the combo hatchback rear door. only scary thing is no spare..

The Ultimate Driving Myth
By powerrharp

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased mine as a CPO with 33K original miles on it.
IMHO all the dealer did to "CPO" the car was to detail it.
Within the first 24 months it had the following major problems:
1. Power door locks failed
2. Right rear wheel bearing went (was bad on delivery...CPO people were obviously deaf)
3. Electric water pump failed
4. Low oil level warning light came on less than 500 miles after purchase (further proof CPOing ignored that
5. Radio display not visible while wearing polarized lenses..oil leak, battery died, bluetooth not blackberry compatible, outside mirror motor failed....brakes stick on release....

My favorite feature was being handed the check when I dumped that piece of junk. Oh and BTW they have HORRIBLE resale value.

TRY TO GIVE CUSTOMERS VALUE AND QUALITY INSTEAD OF JUST TRYING TO STROKE THEIR EGOS

Disappointing Car
By JP

2007 BMW 3 Series Wagon 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After reading all the hype about how wonderful the BMW 3 series are, I purchased a very low mileage CPO vehicle. First, the great looking sunroof is absolutely useless as it is so noisy at any speed above 10 mph, you can't use it. BMW says "This is normal." The speedometer is off by about 5 mph at freeway speeds. BMW says "This is normal." I have a Volvo and a Ford with similar sunroofs and they are quiet. And the speedometer on all my other cars (Chevy, Ford, Volvo) are accurate. BMW touts their cars as having superior engineering, but that is obviously a lot of sales hype. I am looking forward to the day I can trade this one in on almost anything else. Very disappointing car.

Rear wheel drive.

Seats are uncomfortable for long trips. BMW needs to copy the seats in the Volvo. Speedometer needs to be calibrated to realistic speed and the the sunroof needs a major re-engineering to achieve the same standards in sound dampening as found in most other cars.