Used 2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

I love this car
By Suellen

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned it since 2005. Love this car!

bmw cars all have problems
By Frankie d

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

2005 bmw 325i. Nothing but coolant problems that leave you stuck on the side of the road, they are among the most unreliable cars. Don't trust driving your car on the highway or long road distances. Be prepared to get stuck. I've had the expansion tank break twice, leaving me stuck twice. Lucky I was only 25 miles away on a street road the first time. Then a month later, had an antifreeze leak, couldn't figure out where, so the mechanic replaced the water pump and thermostat and hose, another $500, then 2 months later another coolant leak. This time it was the coolant pipe, which is under the intake, another $500. Then 2 months later another leak, the radiator and hose was replaced. Now 2 or 3 months later, another coolant pipe. Then awhile later, the expansion tank again blew-up ( this was in front of my driveway when I returned from the gas station. then another time later the expansion tank bracket left me stuck. Everytime it cost me an average of $500 for each repair, in just a 1 1/2 year time. All these problems are normal on all 3 and 5 series bmw cars. Just Google bmw common issues and read, all bmw cars have coolant problems. All coolant problems will leave you stuck, period, that really socks if your riding on the highway. That is a regular problem bmw has to address. I live in Florida and I wouldn't trust driving any bmw on the highway, unless they are very brand new. I've had several bmw cars on several time period and the all had the same issues. Most unreliable cars on the market. Mercedes is the same crap.

Still fun
By Paul

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Modest repair costs. Great traction and control. Solid feel.

Bad experience buing this car
By Alex Torres

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The coolant systen of this car is the worse than I ever see, much of the parts are made of plastic, is a shame that BMW don't make it much better, cause is very expensive. Since I buy this car about a year ago 120,000 Miles 2nd owner I have to replace the complete coolant system about wich cost me about $2,000. I feel in love with the shape of this car, but I won't recoment it to any one, also the Engine is not stronge as is suppose to be. If the Engine over heat once you loose it.

Great car
By K Houle

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Very safe and reliable