Used 2008 Audi TT Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Audi TT Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Mine mine all mine!
By Mark

2008 Audi TT 3.2 quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6AM)

This is my Audi TT 3.2L quattro cabriolet. I've owned it for multiple years now and every time I think I want to look at other cars for a possible trade, I get in and drive and realize it still holds my heart. This is a nice little sports car that gives great handling, great acceleration and puts a smile on the face of the driver. Every time. I did extensive searching when I made the change from my previous car ('99 Sebring convertible) and was determined to have another convertible. I looked at just about every convertible in the market at that time and no other had the combination of perks and handling for which I searched. Once that decision was made, finding this car took another six months--there just weren't that many with the 3.2L engine out there that were for sale! I ended up having it shipped from Chicago down to the Dallas area. Since then it has been my daily driver and I have learned all its quirks and joys. Its acceleration is beyond fun and when I put it into launch mode, it borders on scary. I know many complain that an automatic transmission is just boring, but for my needs I find it to be just right. And when I want to get aggressive with my driving, going into Sport mode and using those flappy paddles is just great. CONS: One thing I have noted as a minus is the ease of tires braking loose during heavy braking. It took me a while to get used to how the brakes work on this car, but once that was done, it's been resolved. My only real complaint I would lodge against the car is the navigation system, but I have the same gripe on every other car I've driven that includes it (Audi A8L, Chevrolet Impala and Malibu). The nav systems are ALL slow to respond, much less helpful than a Garmin or other dedicated GPS. For that reason, I've always maintained a Garmin, especially for trips. MAINTENANCE has not been too much of a problem with this car, but I would note I have had issues with the convertible action. While still under warranty I had the motors for that replaced. There also seems to be a real issue with keeping the top down sensor adjusted correctly and has had to be serviced on multiple occasions. Their statement that you can be driving up to 18 mph and open/close the top is a LIE, so much so that their technicians state I should only actuate the roof when parked on a level surface with the brake held in place. Perhaps in the past decade they have repaired that function, but I would suspect not. I will be needing to take it in to get this irritation looked at AGAIN. As it stands presently, I frequently have to spend a couple of minutes lowering/raising/lowering the top until the status light goes out. If I don't it beeps out a warning that the top is not completely opened every couple of minutes--very irritating. IN CONCLUSION, I would say this is a great little car to drive and I would recommend you try one out before just putting thoughts of a TT out of your mind since it's not a BMW or Benz or whatever else you might be considering. You might be pleasantly surprised.

My Last Car
By Richard

2008 Audi TT 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

It's a German sportin vagan with all the driving fun that I can handle. A little hard to get in and out of but I knew that that would not be a deturant. No back up camera so I purchased a back up camera for my Garmin, which works better than nothing. My Audi TT had only 20000 miles on it and I will only drive it occasionally so I should have many care free and trouble free miles of fun....

Bullet Proof
By Bruce

2008 Audi TT 2.0T 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Great performing car...8 years of driving pleasure....no major repairs .....acceleration and auto shifts are terrific....

Assume car
By Michael Justice

2008 Audi TT 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Reliable, fun car to drive all seasons. Last forever with proper maintenance.

Nothing drives like an Audi!
By MJP

2008 Audi TT 2.0T 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

If you like precision, accuracy, speed then Audi TT is for you. Don't expect plush comforts. It's a real sportscar!