Used 2015 Audi S5 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Audi S5 Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S5 model:

A little dissappointed from Audi.
By SCVolunteer

2015 Audi S5 Convertible Premium Plus quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

After 30,000 miles on the car I believe I can say my review hasn’t changed very much. I am disappointed that mechanical problems have started. I rarely open the convertible top due to the hot climates in my area, however I have noticed there is unusual wear at all the fold points of the Root top fabric. In addition,I have noted some peeling paint Around the doorhandles. I brought this to the attention of the local Audi dealer and they refused to do anything about it claiming that it was not significant enough yet. I asked them what would be significant enough and they said we can’t tell you that. For a premium car, at a premium price, in a premium brand, that is just absolutely unacceptable in my opinion? I received a tutorial from a dealership in Charlotte North Carolina, not my own dealership, regarding enhancing the performance of the vehicle through the settings. This certainly did improve the acceleration and some of the performance, but I believe the car still feels more luxurious and smooth than sporty. It remains sluggish to rev up and acts like you are asking a lot to get up and run. Not ready for a hot-lap on the track like the F-Type that feels like hopped up on espresso and biting it's nails to go everytime you start it. I still feel is not enough trunk space for a golf bag, couple tennis rackets fit fine. Handling is still very nice and crisp and the steering has a very connected tight feel that almost does what you think, very BMW-esque. Ride is still very quiet with almost no noise. Very tied down cabin. I have found that the lack of a microphone and hands-free is really unsafe and cumbersome and a large disappointment...really?? My $30k Toyota Truck has voice command AND a touch Screen?! The Audi also lacks front parking sensors And with a nose that extends far beyond the front wheels, this is often a problem with curbs. Now, many of those complaints are relatively minor, compared to problems I’ve had with other vehicles. But the mediocre sports performance of the vehicle combined with its high price tag and the lack of support from my local dealership in this premium brand really leaves me disappointed about the vehicle. I would seek to trade in the vehicle, but I found out even a more for Disappointing fact. Despite the vehicle being somewhat rare and not very common, its resale value has plummeted since purchase. I believe I will look to other premium brands such as Lexus with increasingly disappointing service provided by the German automobile makers.

Watch out when you buy a CPO Audi
By Vin Ramundo

2015 Audi S5 Convertible Prestige quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 7AM)

Car is great but watch out when buying a CPO AUDI. I recently purchased a CPO S5 Convertible I was told that the car was not in an accident the car-fax was clean but when I got home I noticed the front end was misaligned. I ran an auto check and found out that it was in an accident. the dealer took back the car but its now reselling it CPO and acting like its perfect. Initially I thought it was an honest mistake but know I know better. I called Audi to complain but was told that CPO cars can be certified even if they are in an accident. I am fine with that but it should be disclosed to the consumer.
<br><br><br><br>

It doesn't get much better!
By Robert G. Dwyer

July 2018: Still flawless.
January 2017 update: I still absolutely love the car! I don't put a lot of mileage on my S5 but it has has no maintenance issues and is a delight to drive.
Finally, my son liked mine so much that he went out and bought an S5 coupe!

There remains only one item I wish was different - there are no front parking assist sensors on the S5. I cannot for the life of me understand why this is not standard or at least offered as an option as even A3 cabriolet has them.
The color, Sepang Blue Pearl, is awesome and I constantly get compliments on it. In addition, just as on our Q5, the paint job is FLAWLESS - not a touch of "orange-peel" anywhere.

July 2016 Update: Since we do most of our longer trips in the wife's 2013 Q5, the S5 Cabriolet has just 12,100 miles to date. The car has run flawlessly, looks showroom new and continues to draw admiring comments wherever I take it.

Worth noting - I cannot get a definitive answer on best tire pressure. When I inflated them to the factory-recommended (sticker and owner's manual) pressure of 39/38psi the ride becomes a little too harsh for my liking. I reduced the pressures to 36psi all around and the ride was better with no perceptible degradation in handing. Also, I wish Audi would come up with a better composition for their brake pads - I bought a pressure washer to deal with the constant accumulation of black brake dust on my wheels - almost as bad as my old Bimmer. I'm not at this point yet but when our Q5 said it needed brake pad replacement - Audi would not turn the rotors! This strikes me as ridiculous and made a simple brake pad replacement job cost over $1,300. I may not go to Audi when my pads need replacement.

Having said all that,I still love my S5 Cabriolet!