Used 2013 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Q5 3.0
By Rob Rolley

2013 Audi Q5 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Just bought a 2013 Audi Q5 3.0. Great to drive and lots of power. Has all the luxury items and is very fun and good looking. Only issue is backup camera which is not working properly - will come on sometimes for a second but then shuts off. We'll see how the dealer will handle.

New to me - I love it!
By Penelope Luedtke

2013 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

UPDATE - I've had my Audi for 13 months now and I still love it. I just took it to the beach for a trip with my (adult) kids. We crammed her full that's for sure, but even with the extra weight she had some get up and go. She handles lovely around the windy road corners. Things I notice this time of year are: she's quick to defrost, the seat warmers are a godsend, she heats up nicely - gets toasty warm inside. Gas mileage is great. She's easy to park. I also love the seat memory button so I can get her right back to my favorite after valet drivers move the seat.

I have only had this car since 12/28, but three weeks in and I can tell you it's a much nicer ride than my old Highlander. The cabin feels a lot smaller, but the car is much smaller than what I had before. The responsiveness is awesome. And can I just tell you, the automatic downhill assist saved my life? We had a huge snow storm here and I live at the bottom of a serious hill; downhill assist got me home safely. It kind of takes over the braking and all you have to do is steer. Made me feel much safer driving in snowy conditions. When I can get new tires I'll bet it will be even better! All in all I'm really happy I bought this car.

2013 audi q5 3.0t premium plus s-line
By sco stu

2013 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Great vehicle. 0 issues since we bought the Q5. Purchased used from dealership with 12000 miles. Audi service has been outstanding.

Came prepaid with scheduled maintainence plan from previous owners... Thank You!

Wife primary driver and commutes many miles for work.

2 young children are the occupants for the rear seats. Forward and rear facing child seats fit no problem.

Only complaint is MMI. And why is there not a separate (lone) button to control fan speed for HVAC?!

2013 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus S-line
By JPH

2013 Audi Q5 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Currently at 24,000 miles with no problems (knock on wood). The car is a great blend of luxury, performance, Audi & S-line styling, and daily function. The attention to fit and finish really delivers a first-class roomy/quiet driving experience. I previously owned a Q5 2.0T. I was really surprised at the difference in the 3.0T engine - SO satisfying! While the 2.0T is an excellent engine, I did notice some turbo-lag. A five-time winner of Ward's 10 best engines, the 3.0L TFSI supercharged V-6 brings joyful acceleration with a flat-torque line (272 hp @ 4,780 rpm; 295 lb-ft; 0-60: 5.8 sec) – it really inspires! The 8-speed Tiptronic transmission is silky smooth. Panoramic sunroof 14-speaker B&O sound & rear view camera are all very nice. Four passengers fit very comfortably; though five is a bit squeeze. Ample cargo space; we have no trouble loading up for camping trips - You can fit a couple mountain bikes in the rear, but the best option is a hitch or roof carrier. With 50/50 city/highway driving using premium 93 Shell V-power, my Q5 is gets 20-22 mpg. All highway definitely better; recent 600 mile trip managed 30 mpg.

3.0T Premium Plus S-Line
By khl

2013 Audi Q5 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Excellent balance of luxury and performance. Surprisingly roomy in passenger compartment and trunk despite small footprint of vehicle. For premium price of q5, missing some features I had on previous car (see below in suggested improvements). MMI despite improved, still makes it cumbersome to change radio station. No preset buttons means having to scroll on MMI controller or scroll wheel on the steering wheel. Two memory seat positions but still requires you to manually adjust steering wheel each time you change drivers. The panoramic moonroof affords lots of light and view. Drives and handles superbly with the S-Line package. The flat-bottom steering wheel looks and feels great.

Flat bottom steering wheel. Interior look and feel. LED daytime running lamp. Look of redesigned LED tail lamps. Panoramic sunroof. S-Line wheels. Back seat which slides fore and aft and reclines. Motorized open/close hatch door. Excellent balance of road feel/steering/suspension. Bang Olufsen stereo. Keyless start/stop. Nav directions on center instrument cluster. Center armrest that slides. LED door/floor lamps on entry/exit. Full size cup holders on all 4 door pockets. Bluetooth connection to iPhone music.

After driving '09 Infiniti FX for 4 years, I've found features lacking on Q5: Dedicated radio preset buttons. Front/side camera to add to rear camera for 360' view. Button to synchronize dual AC temps. Ability to turn fog lights on automatically with auto headlight feature. Electronic adjustment/memory for steering wheel. Exterior puddle lamps which come on as you approach vehicle (q5 requires you to unlock door before it turns on). Warning to brake as vehicle slowed in front. Lane departure warning. Smaller key remote (a third of size of iPhone)! Suggest: Eliminate lid cover hiding 12v outlet in front. Add 110v outlet in back. Make lane change click to flash 4 or 5 times as 3 is too short.