Used 2011 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

2011 A4 T2.0 Premium
By Timothy Brooks

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Do your research about the cvt transmission and maintenance on this vehicle if you're interested in purchasing.

Bought a new car- not enough power- to expensive t
By Charles Goldman

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Dealing with Audi, their staff is just an awful. Besides the fact that their ethics with the emissions issue speaks for itself. It will be my last Audi/Volkswagon car I buy

Failed Turbo before 100k Miles
By Jessica

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car has performed well but the repair costs are expensive and failures are occurring on a well kept vehicle under 100k miles. The car had oil leaking issues, which was solved and covered by Audi, a failed air condition unit at 60k miles and now at 83k miles a failed Turbo which is very expensive.

Best all around for sport and luxury
By Darren Roulstone

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My 2011 Audi A4 has been a great all around car for someone looking for luxury and sport. The S-Line interior is amazing and the sport seats are extremely comfortable and supportive. The turbocharged four-cylinder engine is decent but you will suffer slight turbo lag and it can't compare to the supercharged six-cylinder in the S4. I drove the 328i/335i, C300, IS 250, and G37 and decided the A4 was the best car at combining fun-to-drive, nice interior and exterior design, fuel economy, and technology. My one disappointment is the fuel economy--only 23.3 mpg over 62,000 miles of mixed driving (almost all driving in regular "D" mode; I rarely put it into sport mode). The car has been reliable with only two non-routine repairs, both of which happened in the last 10,000 miles. I'm very happy with the car and am looking at the new "B9" A4 to replace this one.

My first Audi!
By John S

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Been wanting an Audi since I was a kid. This one is my first, although it is used. A mint condition 2011 with 41k miles bought in early 2016.

I REALLY debated over getting rid of my Ram pick-up, paid off mind you, for a few years of monthly payments. The monthly payments are well within my comfort zone, so I'm not crying poor mouth, but I'm the frugal type and view the payments as opportunity cost.

As with any car purchase...........do your homework. As previously mentioned, years 2009 through 2011 are known for oil consumption issues (turbo engines only). This alone caused me severe pause. Not only did I go over the Carfax (work related to fixing this issue will be there if done by a reputable dealer) with a fine tooth comb, I actually called the shop, also on the Carfax, where my vehicle received all of it's milestone check-ups and spoke to the service people. They were kind enough to review the service history of my vehicle with me. My Audi has never been in for oil consumption problems. The service person told me that it was unlikely that I'd experience this given the mileage......it should have popped up by now.

I also called Audi of America and confirmed that Audi has agreed to cover all repairs related to the oil consumption issue for 8 years or 80,000 miles. Whichever comes first. So with that final nugget of information I took the plunge.

The car rides wonderfully and is extremely comfortable. It took a while to get used to all of the buttons and gizmos (my A4 is a loaded premium package) but I feel so spoiled now when driving.

I absolutely love the AWD (Quattro) but have noticed understeer when hitting a corner a little too hot. It's not horrible, but you do need to muscle up a bit when turning into a corner at an above average rate of speed.

Very satisfied and am hoping that this is my starter car for what will be a long relationship with Audi.