Used 2006 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Looks nice...... costly to own
By Chris in GA

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my 2006 Audi A4 brand new. I still own the car and have only about 120k miles on it. I work from home so don't have to drive it far daily...just to the day care and back to pick up the kids. It really only sees more rd on the weekend and then it's still not that much as you can tell based on mileage. The car drives great. It has wonderful handling and looks nice still after being nearly 12 years old. My major problem is simply the cost of owning the vehicle. I've made sooo many repairs, I feel as if I could have purchased a 2nd car ( non luxury) with all the money that I've spent on this one. At some point I probably should have cut my losses, but I'd had so much money invested, it always seemed the better choice to just fix this " one last thing" to get more life out of the car. The check engine light stays on for one reason or another and I've fixed several oil leaks. My poor garage floor is nasty. Dealership even told me, as if it were no big thing at all' Oh yeah oil leaks are a common thing with german cars. " Not my words. Of course I only take it to the dealership for those specialized things that need to get fixed because of their Cost. Sometimes though it's just necessary. No one knows the car like them. They had to fix a thing here and there that stomped other german mechanics ( brakes not working properly only in the morning for example. ) As it is today. if I could go back in time, would I purchase this car again. A resounding "No" is my answer to that question as of today. Maybe my tune will change if I can get another 5 years out of it without significant repairs. Then I'll feel like I got my money's worth out of it.

2006 audi a4 check engine light always on
By M_A_B

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I owned acura integra,Toyota Corolla and Mitsubishi Lancet evolution 8,driving Japanese cars is much easier, cheap to maintain and check engine light barely turn on. Before I buying any type of cars i do my research on Edmunds consumer review and how this people rate the 2006 audi a4 "great car" is a lie because first year of owing it in had nothing but headaches on repairs and terrible gas mileage on a stock car(normal driving). I do my regular oil change 3k miles,transmission fluid flush at 100k and do most of the repair myself and check engine light never ends, after fixing one thing a different check light codes pops up. I spend $2000 in oem parts within the last 3 years owning it,cam followers,pcv valves,brake booster hoses,spark plugs coil packs all replaced. Interior is also falling apart my glove compartment hinges replaced ,center console arm replaced, passenger back window motor replaced,window button peeling off replaced, rear back seat cup holder won't open i think the spring is damage inside to pop out. Overall this 2006 a4 is garbage and I won't be owing any audi a4 ever again.

Really good choice!
By Brendan Livingston

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought the car scared of having huge maintenance costs, however. it has cost me less than my Honda Odyssey. All i needed to do were a oil change, tires, and a cracked windshield. Find one well maintained and you'll be set. Drives like a dream.

No lights!
By Debbie

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Finally had to trade the car due to headlights randomly shutting off. Also constant "check engine"light. Always seemed to have some issue or problem.

2006 Audi A4 2.0 Turbo Quattro - great car
By john s

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Audi got it right with this car. I have 187,000 miles on it and it runs/drives great. Paint is a little chipped from the constant driving and I hit a deer that made a dent in the driver's side door but other than that the car handles great on winding mountain roads and in the snow/rain. I change the oil every 5000 miles with full synthetic and the engine hums like new. Only complaint is changing the timing belt and water pump every 100,000 miles ($1600). I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking to pick up a used car for a teenager.