Used 2006 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

2006 audi a4 check engine light always on
By M_A_B

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I owned acura integra,Toyota Corolla and Mitsubishi Lancet evolution 8,driving Japanese cars is much easier, cheap to maintain and check engine light barely turn on. Before I buying any type of cars i do my research on Edmunds consumer review and how this people rate the 2006 audi a4 "great car" is a lie because first year of owing it in had nothing but headaches on repairs and terrible gas mileage on a stock car(normal driving). I do my regular oil change 3k miles,transmission fluid flush at 100k and do most of the repair myself and check engine light never ends, after fixing one thing a different check light codes pops up. I spend $2000 in oem parts within the last 3 years owning it,cam followers,pcv valves,brake booster hoses,spark plugs coil packs all replaced. Interior is also falling apart my glove compartment hinges replaced ,center console arm replaced, passenger back window motor replaced,window button peeling off replaced, rear back seat cup holder won't open i think the spring is damage inside to pop out. Overall this 2006 a4 is garbage and I won't be owing any audi a4 ever again.

Really good choice!
By Brendan Livingston

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought the car scared of having huge maintenance costs, however. it has cost me less than my Honda Odyssey. All i needed to do were a oil change, tires, and a cracked windshield. Find one well maintained and you'll be set. Drives like a dream.

No lights!
By Debbie

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Finally had to trade the car due to headlights randomly shutting off. Also constant "check engine"light. Always seemed to have some issue or problem.

2006 Audi A4 2.0 Turbo Quattro - great car
By john s

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Audi got it right with this car. I have 187,000 miles on it and it runs/drives great. Paint is a little chipped from the constant driving and I hit a deer that made a dent in the driver's side door but other than that the car handles great on winding mountain roads and in the snow/rain. I change the oil every 5000 miles with full synthetic and the engine hums like new. Only complaint is changing the timing belt and water pump every 100,000 miles ($1600). I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking to pick up a used car for a teenager.

Highly recommended
By jasonppn

2006 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Many people complain about expensive maintenance. If you are like me and do your own maintenance, there is very little you have to do or pay. I have an OBD II computer that I use whenever the check engine light comes on (not often). I bought it with 55,000 miles on it, it now has 87,000. I've had to replace a coil pack (easy fix, $37 and 1 hour of my own labor), divertor valve ($150, 2 hours labor), and that is all. To change your oil, it is handy if you have the Audi tool ($100) for cartridge style oil filters (you'll have a mess if you don't), but you can make your own pretty easily out of a hose and the right diameter bottle. The car drives absolutely beautifully, couldn't be happier.

6 speed manual transmission: this is a fun car with that transmission. AWD: this car is very responsive and has a tight feeling. Although I don't like driving it on dirt roads and in the snow, it is very good in those conditions. Confidence boosting for sure. I especially notice this when driving other cars in these conditions, they don't perform nowhere close to the Audi.

When driving long distances, I sometimes find my right knee rubbing on the center console awkwardly. This isn't noticeable on short trips, but after awhile I notice it. It's most likely just my posture though.