2018 Acura TLX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Acura TLX Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TLX model:

Little bit of a let down
By Robert Edwards

2018 Acura TLX Sedan A-Spec 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Had a 2016 touring accord coupe. My Accord rides better. My hood on my TLX flexing on the freeway. I live in Montana and the speed limit is 80. When I drive it the steering vibration and the front hood flexing and fluttering. Iv got to call Acura. Can't deal with this. Its got 2500 on it now. Closest dealer is 400 miles from Bozeman Montana.

Research, Research, Research before you BUY!
By TT Baby

2018 Acura TLX Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Ok so I decided to right this review, I'm not really savy or knowledgeable on vehicle I guess you can say most women aren't. I was given this vehicle as a loner (only 500 miles on it) while the dealer was replacing my airbags in my 2015 ILX, I feel in love with the space & sporty look, but noticed if you have to make a sudden stop it feels as if the shell of the car was going to fly off and you still will hit whatever you were trying to avoid, very difficult pairing your bluetooth had to take to dealer, not to mention 2yrs having this vehicle in 5/2018 while sitting at stop light in "drive" the vehicle decides it wants to go into "N" (neutral) and sometimes in "P" (park) which is scary (because I could easily be rear ended) considering I'm totally unaware until I attempt to take off. I took it to the dealer (which their fixing for FREE) but was told by the service advisor that the mechanic said, "that maybe I spilled something in the gears, which in NOT true, they want to blame it on someone other than Acura. I also forgot to mention the "voice recognition" is HORRIBLE, and the carpet edging inside the entire vehicle was very cheaply done. Thank god I'm leasing not really sure if I want to purchase at the end of my lease.

Test drive an Acura TLX
By Benjamin H.

2018 Acura TLX Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

Fantastic car for the money. Moved up from a Honda Accord—and wow, what a difference. The 4 wheel steering (yes) is a lot of fun. Handling is precise and sporty. The 8-speed dual clutch transmission is smooth and sporty. And I'm getting better highway mpg than I got with my Accord! My TLX 2.4 is getting from 37 to 39 mpg on the highway at c.70 mph with the air conditioning on. Seats are very comfortable, and the ELS sound system is fantastic. Test drive an Acura TLX and you'll probably agree that it's the best car out there in this price range.

Vibration is awful
By New Acura

2018 Acura TLX Sedan SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Car vibrates and shakes at highway speeds. Very uncomfortable to drive on the highway which is where I do most of my driving. Acura customer care is a joke- They had a regional rep come out and drive the car and say the shaking was a “characteristic of the vehicle”. Very frustrating and I plan on filing a lemon law suit against them. Car would be ok without shaking and vibration ... I have been a Honda Driver for 10 years now. I promise there will be no brand loyalty from my family moving forward.

Wiring harness problems
By MarkB

2018 Acura TLX Sedan SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I bought a 2018 Acura TLX Advance AWD and after 2000 miles it has a wiring harness problem. Been in shop over a month, so now qualifies under the “Lemon Law”. I’m a long-term loyal Honda/Acura owner, so this is a big concern for me. It appears the quality of Acura has gone down over the years, in my opinion. I also do not like the idol stop feature. I turn it off every time I start the engine. That feature is worthless in my opinion.