Used 2007 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used TL for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Excellent Value Packed Sports Sedan

zippy69, 01/20/2011

What's with all the whining? Enough with the complaints about turning radius..... Please. Learn how to drive and execute a 3 point turn. The day I base my decision to buy a car on turning radius, please shoot me. As for rattling, my '07 has none. Everything works perfectly. Nothing ever breaks, and it's got 73,000 miles on it! You shant find another car with all the features of the TL in it's price range, or even higher.

2006 TL vs 2007 TL Comparison

JR, 01/06/2007

After driving a 2006 TL for several months and purchasing a 2007 base model, here is my take on the differences. The 2007 is a little better overall. Its suspension absorbs bumps better than before while still maintaining its sportiness and handling. It's quieter on the highway and its seats are more comfortable (softer) - especially on longer rides. From the front, the separate fog lights, chrome-like strip along the bottom and integrated blikers in the side mirrors, give the car a more elegant look. The sporty body style, sporty handling and very comfortable ride made it a good choice for me. Notes: No squeaks or rattles, the new transmission is now derived from the RL's tranny.

Great Car

phillips, 01/10/2007

The car is flawless. One warning: there is a technological curve with setting up your phone and using the navigation. Lots to read. Second warning: not all cell phones can be used to import the cell phone address book from phone to car. I had to buy a new phone that would support all the features. It's minor but my relatively new Razor was not able to transfer its information. This is a great value. Compare it to BMW 3 series and see what you get for the money. I think you'll be impressed.

Can't really go wrong with this car...

mike, 05/07/2010

I recently purchased this as Certified Pre-owned. When compared to its Infiniti G, BMW 3 Series, Lexus IS and Audi A4 counterparts, using such factors as build quality, performance, comfort/convenience and manufacturer's overall attention to detail - all weighed against price - the TL is far and away the best value. It may not be the quickest, most nimble or even the most fun, but it is far above average. The TL is meant for a more utilitarian consumer: high-end without the flash (although still somewhat of a head-turner). Overall a very easy car to drive and the best front-drive you can buy. The 2007-08 TL compares closely to the 2010 TSX V6.

Best I have ever owned

bhorton, 11/20/2006

I purchased the 2007 Acura TL two day ago and I am very impressed. The build quality inside and out is excellent. Acura has addressed every little detail a customer could think of. The ride is solid and the amenities are vast. I owned a Mercedes C320 and it doesn't come close to the goodies Acura provides. German makers tend to nickel and dime you over options packages that are standard on the TL. So far - Acura has a customer for life. The 2007 comes with a rear back up camera with the navigation package, side mirror turn signal markers, new 18 inch wheel design and retractable keyless entry fob.

2007 TL Base Sedan

Richey02hg, 01/10/2007

Bought a black exterior with black interior base 2007 in December 06. I love everything about the car except the gas mileage is a little below what I expected, I drive about 70% street and 30% highway and I constantly get 20 MPG at best. Also, I wish the low fuel light would not be so premature. It usually turns on and I only have to fill up 14.5 or 15 gallons so there clearly has to be 2 or more gallons left in the tank. But other than those minor issues. I love the car. Its roomy and comfortable yet still has a very sporty drive and all the features seemed to be well planned out to make as easy as possible for the driver.

I miss my Grand Prix's smooth transmission...

whiterabbit79, 09/22/2011

I shopped around quite a bit before finally choosing the TL. I was looking for a reliable, sporty sedan that wouldn't put me in the poor house. It turns out there aren't very many options that fit this bill. Almost none, actually. I had originally been shopping for a new car, but I started to consider certified used cars when I ran out of options and started looking to luxury brands for possibilities. I bought my TL 1.5 years ago, and while I do have some complaints, overall I'm very happy with my choice.

My 2nd TL

bbj, 12/06/2006

This is my 2nd Acura TL Nav. I just traded my '05 Anthracite for a new '07. Many people thought I was crazy, but it was well worth it. This car is much better than 2005. The ride is better, the features ext/int. the sound is awesome. This car is a keeper. I took white w/taupe this time, since it's more of a luxury color. There is nothing not to like in the new TL. Everything you need, you get.

Honda Quality, Reliability 20K Mi later

Slash, 09/24/2010

I agree with other posters that this TL is rattle prone. I've had mine in the shop 10-15 times for various rattles (and a leak in the trunk when I first purchased it). The car has been extremely good terms of reliability of the transmission and electrical components. I've had to replace rubber sealant on the driver's door and the sideviewmirror motor mechanisms (on both front doors). Acura service alone justified the purchase of this vehicle (always available to provide loaners and offer excellent service). I will be extending the Acuracare warranty, as a result. Overall, the car has been as dependable as the two Honda Civics I've had (with 200,000+ miles). I rate this as a steal of a car.

BMW's Loss is Acura's Gain!

BMW No More, 01/08/2007

First, let me just say that I have been a staunch fan of the BMW 3 Series for years, but I have to say that they have lost me with the newest model, sedan and coupe. Specifically, the interior is low rent\ugly, and for $35K+ it shouldn't be. So, I test drove the TL and, wow, what a car! Granted, it's not quite the road handler that a 3 Series is, but it is just as good or better in every other respect. Build quality, check! Ride quality, check! Interior space\comfort, better! Acceleration, better! Value, much better! A similarly equipped 325i would have cost me $7,500 more. That's some serious dough! Bottom line; BMW lost me, but Acura found me!

Amazing

babygurl21, 02/15/2007

This car is like Heaven to me! It rides across bumps in the road very smooth. The interior is just so comfortable I could just sleep in my car!

Awesome Car

RickKim, 12/21/2006

This is our first brand new car purchased in 26 years. We are very glad we waited for this. The car is everything we coud ever have wanted and more. The nav, sound system, fit and finish... truly superb... and then you get to drive it. WOW. Only concern is the mpg which should get better with added miles.

Good to Be Back

carpark, 10/17/2011

Bought a new 2005 TL and sold it after 3-years and 50,000 miles to try a hybrid. I know, totally different type of vehicle. Anyway I missed the TL so recently purchased a used 2007 and fell in love again. Have owned four Acura's, a Lexus and Volvo but keep coming back to Acura. My experience with Honda products has been excellent and the TL provides a solid, fun to drive and reliable driving experience. Admittedly not as blisteringly fast and tight in the corners as my brothers 540 BMW, but at less than half the price I still get a great car for in town, the highway and back roads.

What a great car

RDFreier, 03/18/2010

I really love the styling of the 07 TL. It has so many features, that makes this the best value in any luxury car. I've had it for three years now and my lease is over. It spoiled me so much that I'm having a hard time finding another car that I'm willing to pay for. I so wish the new TL styling was better. This is just a great car and if you are considering one, get it. You won't regret it.

Good but

frazbmw, 04/13/2011

While I loved the interior of this car I had a hard time getting over the clunkyness of the automatic transmission. The turning radius is terrible! I drove other TLs to see if perhaps there was a tranny issue with my car or just part of the animal, they all seemed to be the same. I may be being a little picky. As far as the interior goes it's comfortable and spacious. The car was great to drive on the highway!

Acura: A 20 Year Love Affair

Paul Stringer, 11/23/2006

As a proud owner of Hondas and Acuras for over 30 years, I can attest to the quality of the these very fine automobiles. Although a Honda man for over 10 years, it was a girlfriend who turned me on to Acuras and it's been a beautiful partnership for the past 20 years. Recently, I was involved in an accident that resulted in my hitting a tree and the car tipping over. The Acura absorbed the impact well enough for me to make it out of the car without a scratch. Yes, I thanked God for watching over me on that day. And I also thanked myself for having the wisdom to purchase one of the best built cars on the market. Thank you Honda/Acura.

Nice car, inconsiderate customer treatment

glenviewjeff, 06/07/2011

This is now my second TL; I should have learned my lesson from my first experience. On my first TL, I bought the extended warranty from the Acura dealer who promised it was a "bumper to bumper" warranty. Acura would not stand behind the interior trim that was falling off the door handle when the car was about four years old. This time around, I had a problem with the air conditioner that likely occurred while the warranty was in effect, but was not detectable until the first warm day, which occurred about 30 days after the warranty expired, when I brought it to the dealer. I won't be buying Acura refused to consider honoring the warranty until I paid the dealer a $100 diagnostic.

Big Mistake - Beware

Mistake, 01/29/2007

I've owned 3 TLs and this one is a rattling piece of junk. I can't believe Acura's quality has gone in the toilet. Transmission is extremely loud and engine is already ticking. The TL is a great value for the money but at what cost. The ride is very stiff. I would hate to see what the new S rides like. The rattling interior will drive you nuts. I mean virtually everything in the interior rattles due to cheap plastic parts. If you travel and you are in the car for many hours a day, THIS IS NOT THE CAR TO BUY!! BEWARE!!

Great car

Jon Ford, 01/27/2016
4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Uses premium gas. Otherwise, an ideal vehicle.

Better

Hillbilly, 10/25/2006

Traded a 2004 TL and the 2007 TL is much better, no rattles and rides a lot better. Fun to drive.

My Dream Car

Sherrie Etheridge, 07/16/2008

I have always dreamed of getting an Acura ever since a friend of mine let me drive his. This car has such a great takeoff and is gorgeous! I do, however. hear rattling in the door. Sometimes it is hard to make a u-turn well. I love the navi, the surround sound, HF links. I am not aware of the gas light coming on because I try to fill up at half tank. I do wish that they would make it run with regular unleaded especially now with gas prices so high. All-in-all I think the 2007 Acura TL is the a blessing!

Acura TL 2007 - Awesome

Speedy, 09/10/2008

Our TL had a driver door rattle. Took dealer 4 hours to find problem and fix. The mirror was was hitting something inside the door and they put extra padding to fix. All warranty. Highway mileage is excellent for size and power. Likes to drive fast to get best mileage. To turn off AC - display must say AC OFF - not blank - you will get 5-10% better mileage. Hands Free - Although when moving - the road noise interferes with its operation.

07' Acura TL base review

theshawn, 08/26/2010

Bought a CPO w/46k miles, I've only had it two weeks but I can tell one thing, this car is the most car for the money if you want to move a bit upscale without breaking the bank. Nice handling, good mpg for a V6 and one of the best stock stereo systems I've ever heard. Great standard features, and a firm but compliant ride. I will definitely consider this model again in a few years, plus you get Honda reliability to boot. I thought I loved the care I sold to buy this one (Nissan Maxima), but now I have a new love in my life. :)

Can't beat it for value

Nicolo, 02/15/2007

My silver 2007 called to me from the showroom floor. I was tempted by the Aura, but the lack of HID headlights and obvi was a deal breaker for me. Wonderful paint quality, interior and exterior design, and the new wheels make a great difference. This is my 4th Acura, 2 TLs an 2 MDXs and new models always correct issues I may have had with previous ones. Also, I've averaged 27 mpg in mixed driving over the first 2400 miles. But ride is stiffer than I expected, much stiffer than the Accord. Try it before you buy it, especially where roads suffer winter damage. And I also have the fuel light problem, although mine comes on after 13 gallons are gone from the 17 gallon tank - most annoying.

My 3rd Acura and the last one

inunez, 03/10/2013

Is my third Acura and i never going to buy another one. I purschase the Tl 2007 new. 1. Dash crack. 2. Power steering leak. 3. Transmission problem. 4. Electrical problem.

Acura kills fun

Doug, 04/29/2009

This car has done what I thought was impossible. It's taken the fun out of driving. Outward visibility is useless. It's like living/driving in a cave. The all-back interior is hearse-like and depressing. The transmission is wonky. It has an impossible-to-read mind of its own. The suspension. Don't get me started. It can't decide whether it's a sports car or a sedan. The gas mileage is horrible. Sitting at idle in heavy traffic, you can watch the needle on the gas gauge slip down, down, down. The HVAC controls are confusing.

A Tribute

scatback, 01/23/2011

Just traded my 07 TL with 50,000 miles. What a marvelous combination of machinery, imagination and execution. It was always eager to run. GM engines still sound like they're doing you a favor. German engines (and the rest of the cars) will empty you wallet. But here was real value, comfort an reliability in a package that was responsive, lithe and doesn't spend more time with the dealer than with you. Only a fool ever kept a BMW beyond the warranty. The previous entry got it right. Quit the sniffling; this is a great car and a victory for the unpretentious.

Excellent Drive

RexDaddy, 11/14/2006

My TL has proven to be the best value for the money car I have ever owned. The interior is comfortable, great nav system and bluetooth are extremely convenient, engine is powerful providing great pickup on the highway when needed. The number of features is immense and make it a car I hate to leave in the parking garage all day during work.

My 2007 Acura TL 10 mpg

myacuratl2007, 07/15/2011

I purchased a 2007 Acura TL with Navigation from John Eagle Honda May 13 2011. I took the car into Goodson Acura dealer on May 17, 2011, 41,190 miles. I wanted to get the car checked out, also update my service adviser Richard Furcht on my newer TL. This 2007 Acura TL started out getting 10 mpg and is now only getting 14-15 mpg, the only way this car could get 31.13 mpg as stated Richard Furcht from Goodson Acura is if you carry it! 2007 Acura TL are junk, cheaply made.

Acura TL 2007 steering and turn radius

Rita, 10/11/2010

I tried this new car at the dealership but didn't try any parking. Big mistake. The steering is so tight that it is a chore to park, and the turn radius is larger than my previous cars, which means if I don't have the entire wide roadway to start my turn, I have to reverse, back up, and then get the car into the parking place. The steering is so tight that I end up sweating while parking on a hot day.

First Impressions

Luke, 10/29/2006

Just picked up our 07 TL today and drove it home, about 30 miles. Beautiful car, handles nice. The new Nav system is cool with the backup camera when you put it in reverse. Got a couple blind spots off both sides that I need to work on. Ride is very comfortable, not too soft and not too stiff. Stereo is outstanding. Enough gadgets to keep me studying for a bit. I like the new gauges over the previous ones. More later!

Got A Lemon

2007 TL, 06/01/2008

In first 11 months car was back to the dealer for 34 business days for repairs. While the car has some zip, many problems have plagued this car. Engine would not turn over 3x and have replaced 3 batteries due to short in Hands Free Link and took dealer 2 times to correct the problem. Car alarm chip has been replaced 2x as alarm goes off randomly. Trunk latch has broken 2x and replaced by the dealer. Car handles well in warm weather but does not handle snow well at all. Expected a better experience for the price I paid for the vehicle.

Expected More

Gary, 12/11/2009

This is a fun and extremely comfortable car to drive, however, I was disappointed overall and will be anxious to turn my car in when the lease is up. A $35K + car with tires that didn't make it to 30,000 miles, carpeting that came up and took four attempts to fix, and other minor problems that could never seemed to be fixed in just a day. I had to leave my car at the dealership for repair work for days at a time on more than one occasion. I will miss the drive but not the headaches.

My Second TL

rsreeni, 02/03/2007

I used to drive a 2000 TL which got totalled recently as a truck hit me and rolled over the car. I walked off with not even a scratch. I went and got an 07 TL. Even though overall I like the car I still think the acceleration is sluggish, especially when I am going thorugh heavy traffic & signals. I can visibly feel very well the shifting of gears & really wish it was smoother. Other than this I like my car, all the faciliies are wonderful especially the Handsfree link and the MP3 player.

Great Car for the Value

BWS, 08/14/2007

I was mocked by co-workers for having a soccer mom car. Test drove Lexus IS 250 and BMW 3 Series and while the latter two had great reviews and drove well, the TL hands down feels more like it. For being a Honda it drove like a champ. I guess I got my mojo back with this ride.

Surprise, surprise!

Gordon, 06/03/2008

On a return trip to Dallas, TX from Austin our average mph was 73 & gas consumption was 32 mpg (did hit 33 for a short time). Can't beat that with a stick!!

Pinger

Fares, 06/03/2008

This is my first TL and unfortunately will be my last. The engine pings and I've used nothing but 93 octane fuel.

High Marks And FUN To Drive!

AcuraFiend, 06/17/2008

Best car I've had. Makes you wanna drive for the sake of doing it. Good acceleration, can throw you back in the seat. Comfy front seats, rear is a little bit tight. Looks AMAZING clean. Speaker cover in the dash rattles a tiny bit after a year. Had to get the door latch fixed but that's it so far.

Well priced

turbomzi, 06/26/2008

This is more of a performance car than luxury. If you are looking for something that is quiet and very comfortable, you should go for the RL from Acura or BMW 5 series or any car in that range. The suspension on this car is more towards handling than comfort so it's a little tougher than what you expect from a luxury car. Don't get me wrong the car is brilliant, with the wide tires, it has a lot more grip, which increases stability and handling. Overall, a great performance car!

My TL

Zax, 07/05/2008

I love this car and was dreaming about it for more than 4 years. Now that I have it, its so fun to drive it. Wish it gave better fuel economy but if you can pay for the car, you can pay for the gas. I wish it had just a little more power when I hit the gas. Its quick no doubt, but could be quicker from the get-go.

Last Acura

BK, 10/23/2008

This is my third Acura (second TL - had an '04 before this), and sorry to say probably my last. My first two were great cars. This one, however, has had annoying problems. Most have been fixed by the dealership, but there is a noise coming from the brakes they have tried to fix 4 times and can't get it to go away for more than about 2 days at a time. We also have a 2008 Infiniti G35 and I am much happier with it, although I like the TL better on the highway; more comfort that sport. I am very disappointed that they can't isolate the noise that I hear ALL THE TIME.. fix it already! Every time I get in the car and hear the noise I shake may head and say to myself, "last Acura I will own.

Dont buy it

JAY, 02/20/2009

I had high regards for acura but after owning one for almost 2 years, it is going down. Brakes were gone after only 15000 miles, Timing belt Idler pulley needs to be changed after only 20000 miles. Passenger side mirror clicks and every time it needs to be lubricated. My used car for years was not giving me any of these troubles. Rattles a lot. I only use car for fun, I don't drive it to work. I do no consider it as a luxury car and will not buy any Acuras in future and will recommend the same to family and friends.

Good for me

bigmac, 04/22/2009

I purchased an '07 TL after owning 2 accords. Notable step up. Fit and finish is superb. Comfort is fine for a 6 footer. Performance is generally very good. Low speed torque / gearing can sometimes be annoying. Brakes are as smooth and quiet as any I've experienced. It does not handle like a race car, but it is not a race car. For its purpose and market, handling is fun and responsive. Mechanics and reliability after 22,000 miles is perfect. I do not share other writers' experiences with rattles. This car is well insulated. Not the first rattle in my experience. BTW, the sound system is great, but I do agree that the ipod jack is poorly located.

Bang for the Buck

Acura TL, 12/31/2007

This car is great. I had a 2006 BMW 5 series and this car great compared to it's rivals. The interior has a very specious more room . The music system and navi is top of the line and the seats are very comfortable. Belive me this car is very fun to drive.

Navigation freezing up

NAVIGATION, 05/23/2009

I love my Acura, but been having things go wrong; Navigation has been replaced once already, and now is still freezing up. Dealer says not sure what problem is. A lot of rattles inside cabin, Engine panels are being scratched by hood, along with the strut hood support. Plastic caps on door, and door panels rattle loose, plastic covering comes off on door pockets. Front grill piece of Acura logo, starting to rust. Why did they put a tape cassette player in it? Plugging in i-POD cable a joke and hard to operate when wire is snaked through arm rest. Why put heated seat buttons near cup holder? Coin collector keeper comes loose all the time when arm rest lifts up.

Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap, 06/02/2009

For a luxury car, the TL performs well, but is under-powered compared to others in the same class like the Infiniti G35 and the BMW 3 series. The suspension and handling is impressive at the expense of a smooth ride and a very poor turning radius. The 07 automatic transmission is less responsive than what I would expect from a luxury car Trim and paint quality is no better than the paint used on Honda cars while paint on the Infiniti is better. Road noise and rattles are the biggest issues with this model and Acura and Honda in general. There are known rattles in the 2007 TL many coming from the window sills front and back. Most do not happen all the time thus hard to trouble shoot

Sporty Sedan

Ed, 01/03/2008

After test driving a number of sedans, I chose the TL over the Infiniti G35X. The TL is roomier and has a sporty ride with tight handling. (I loved the growling exhaust of the G35X but my wife thought it was too noisy. Oh well.) So far I haven't experienced any rattling and cabin noise which is a common complaint. I'm 6'3" and have trouble positioning the seat and steering wheel for optimal comfort. My hands and arms get sore on long trips. I'm clearly biased toward the Acura. This is the third Acura I've owned. I traded in a 1990 Legend. I hope to keep the '07 TL for many years as well.

75% Perfect

AlmostPerfect, 06/09/2009

Oh, our beloved TL. Your misgivings are few, but substantial. We've owned the car for 28mos/24k now. Designed and destined for success in a "North America-Only" market, I feel it's a moderate success. Unlike some competitors, the cup holders really work; The seats and driving position are magnificent for those of larger proportions; The stereo is phenomenal; Fuel economy is above average; the 'value' equation is substantial. The shortfalls, however, drive us insane. The 45-series tires seem to have temper tantrums with the suspension tuning. The steering is incredibly vague and twitchy off-center. The transmission is clunky and crude. Low-end power is absent. Wouldn't buy another.

Rolling perfection

Blacura, 09/01/2009

I cross shopped all the others in this class (Lexus, Infiniti, even BMW and Mercedes) I couldn't get anywhere close to the options for the money. This car comes loaded for less. The build quality is great, the engineering in this vehicle is superb. They thought of everything. Every surface has a pleasant texture, the switches and knobs operate perfectly with weighted balance. The Navi is a must, it transforms the experience in the car. Others just have a moving map of sorts, this becomes the control center for the car. Audio, climate, everything. You can use conventional buttons, touch screen or voice commands. Handles and drives well for a larger car. Very sharp design inside and out.

Why I chose this Acura but not others

BMR ETR, 09/03/2009

This is my 2nd TL - love the style. Also have a 2003 G35 which I'm thinking of trading but in no way will I buy the new 2009 TL. It's become one of the ugliest new vehicles on the road (also heavier & bloated). I think acura's 25 year old 2009 vehicle designer needs some design school mentoring. Also the new ZDX not only has the ugly front but it also has an "asteck" type rear. 5 of my professional colleagues who now have Acura's will not come back to the new - gen. quirky styles. Too bad; it's really a good engineered vehicle; but then so are many of it's competitors. The G37 stats will blow out the new TL stats - and it's not UGLY. Disappointed in Acura.

51050