Used 2005 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 449 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Love my TL Elegant & Sporty
By garymbachap

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle. I love the navigation and the voice control. Mine is a sporty and elegant Desert Mist Metallic with the Parchment interior. This is one of the most unique color combinations. The entire family loves the comfort, styling and power it has. It is the best value out there.

Navigation and Voice Control

All Wheel Drive and back up camera

It is fun to drive; turns many heads
By Don Cousar

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I picked up my Acura TL in Feb 2004. I have enjoyed every trip. It is fun to drive, and I always get comments and looks from people who want to know moe about it. The 270 HP and the sporty style are what 1st attracked me too. The stereo, road handling, and dash locked me in!

The blue backlight dask, stereo, leather seats, and 270 HP are my favorite features

It came with bridgestone performance tires but they only lasted 20,000 miles. I drive fast but these tires should still last longer. After I upgraded to Michelin performance tires I noticed an even better drive in the TL. I recommend upgrading the tires.

Fun to drive
By Motorcarz

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A great ride and fun to drive. Outstanding standard features. A sporty look and drive with luxury features. I'll keep this one for awhile.

Touch screen navigation along with voice activated features make this the easiest navigation system of any car I have used. Bluetooth technology make the hands free phone use an easy task. Gas charged headlamps light up the road.

Passenger seat can be uncomfortable without the power capabilities of the driver seat.

Mercedes to Acura
By Retired Mercedes CLK

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Although pretty, the Navigation stinks!! Has a very wide turning radius. Seats took a little getting used to, initially felt uncomfortable and hard. Handles pretty well and sturdy for a 6 cylinder. Pick up is slow, don't expect a sports vehicle or ride. I love the aesthetic appeal both inside & outside!! It's a cute car that reminds of a BMW 3-series. Overall, I recommend for the money even over the Mercedes.

Bluetooth technology. Handsfree voice command steering wheel features. Large and roomy inside. Radio display via the Navi screen (sound is also nice & crisp).

Definitely need a sports version with rear wheel drive. If Acura had that this car would be absolutely AWESOME!

Luster worn off
By doug

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

When I first got this car I was thrilled with it. After a year and a half though, problems are rising up that are making me think twice. 1) The brakes screech. I’ve had a service done where they replaced the pads and turned the rotors. That silenced them for 5k miles. I now have to drive with the windows up. 2) Rattles are getting noisier. 3) Rust! I’ve got rust bubbling up from under the paint on the trunk already. 4) The originally gray dashboard is quickly fading to an off white. Very ugly. I’m wondering if I should have bought something else.

The drivetrain in this thing is an engineering masterpiece. Smooth, powerful, great shifter, while averaging 25 miles/gal.

Fix the brakes!!! It sounds like a '73 galaxy with metal to metal brakes. Unacceptable for a $33k vehicle. You'd think honda had figured brakes out by now.