Used 2005 Acura RSX Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura RSX

View reviews for a specific RSX model:

Well worth the money!
By James

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I guess I really have no room for comparison, but this car is great. I went from a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee to a 2005 RSX and it really has exceeded my expectations. The drive is so smooth. I have an automatic with the sports shifter. The sports shifter is the best thing ever. I can treat the car like a stick, but if I get tired of it, I can go back to auto. Also when on the highway when trying to pass cars, I can switch to manual and drop it into 3rd and zip past everyone. Very good performance. Great exterior. I don't see how they can say it’s forgettable; it’s by far one of the most memorable cars in my mind, that’s why I bought one! Inside is sleek and clean. Never been happier!

I really enjoy the interior. The AC vents can be push closed, flush with the dash. Driver seat comes with the lumbar support for your back and a height adjustment feature. Nothing is cluttered, very sharp.

Only thing I would change would be the backlight for the dash. It’s a harsh red, but you get use to it, but I wouldn't mind if it was a softer color perhaps, maybe a blue? But that’s a personal preference. Other than that, great car!

very fun and sporty car to drive
By David

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car revs nice. Drives fast on freeway. Very good gas milage. Handles great for stock suspension.

Driver oriented cockpit, 8100 redline, nice size steering wheel,and bose system sounds great.

More rear backseat room and low-end torque.

Great girls car
By A Dad

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the 05 RSX in Jade Metallic for my daughters 17th birthday, her first car. She was not disappointed and neither am I. Easy to handle great to drive and very dependable. Price was not bad either. The S type would have been great for me but as a first car the 2.0 auto with sport shifting is just what the doctor ordered for a young inexperienced teenage girl driver

Interior, the leather is very comfortable and easy to care for. Looks are awesome. Easy to drive.

In dash 6 CD Changer. Power seating. Steering wheel controls for radio / cd player. Locking gas door.

Great car but needs minor improvements
By Gerard

2005 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had an '04 that creaked and groaned with body flex and some other problems as well so the dealer bought it back from me and sold me this one. Much improved structure, smoother ride (with bigger wheels), infinitely more comfortable seats, the boy racer rear wing is finally gone, and the exhaust note is better. This is one fun car to drive and knowing it's a Honda, it'll last. 0-60 time cut from 6.3 to 6.2? awesome! Build quality has been improved and it's look isn't so animated. Still very irked that there is no center armrest, no XM option, can't play MP3's, and no express up/down on passenger side.

210 hp, 6-speed, seats, handling, sound system

Only Acura in line up w/o XM option, Bose sounds great but can't play MP3's, not iPod ready either, express up/down on both windows instead of just one.

Buy It!
By Dee

2005 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you are looking at any of the competitors don't even bother. This car rocks! It is fun to drive and has the Acura quality that others can't compete with. This car is practical to drive everyday, but is still fun and kicks it when you need to. I would say that the only negative is the size. Some of my taller guy friends are really crammed when riding in it. I have had Civics, Accords, Eclipse, and none compare to this car. I can honestly say, you will never regret it if you buy and RSX.

Peppy engine. Fun to drive. Small and compact.

The ride is a bit stiff, but who cares....?