Used 2016 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

If you own Iphone don’t buy this car
By Julie

2016 Acura RDX SUV AcuraWatch Plus Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but trouble with this RDX tech package . Won’t display songs , speakers go in and out , navigation doesn’t work properly. Took it in to Acura of Peoria and they couldn’t find anything wrong . It’s crap . The amount of money for the car . The sales man there Jon Lozano straight up lied to me . This is not ok . He avoided my calls after promising me they would take care of me . Never , would I recommend this vehicle to anyone . Nor would I recommend this particular dealership

1016 RDX AWD: Almost Perfect
By Glenn M.

2016 Acura RDX SUV Technology and AcuraWatch Plus Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

High Tech, High quality, Excellent Value. I live on a steep hill and the AWD has worked well in heavy snow with factory all-season tires. The car has remained solid and quiet after 3 years and 21,000 miles. I find the GPS awkward to program. Integration with my android phone has been spotty. Cell phone messaging support has been on and off (currently on). When I use google maps (GPS) on the Samsung phone, I need to turn off the cellphone bluetooth or play the GPS audio through the bluetooth input (without music). I would prefer published maintenance intervals; the dealer sometimes suggested very short durations between maintenance events. The service quality has been excellent, however. Overall, I am very pleased with my choice to purchase the RDX.

After One Year...
By Jenn S

2016 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Having given the base RDX a good year of use and driving 13k+ miles, I can report the following: THE GOOD (1) Ride is very comfortable, (2) road noise is low, (3) no issues with electronics or connecting my iPhone, (4) faux leather cleans up easily, (5) VERY fast and responsive acceleration, (6) nice, tight feel to the ride, (7) good sound system, (8) cabin is comfortable and solid feeling. Now the NOT SO GOOD (1) HORRIBLE, I repeat, HORRIBLE gas mileage. I get a combined 19 MPG, and probably only around 14 MPG around town - I was shocked at the numbers coming off owning a Honda CR-V. For this reason alone, I will probably look at other brands for my next car. If you live in a flat area of the country and never use the AC, perhaps you'll get better mileage. (2) storage and cargo space is lacking and not very well thought out, (3) NO spare tire, and (4) jerky feel to the transmission when slowing/downshifting.

Acura RDX needs a makeover
By HowardG

2016 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Acura RDX is well made with some classier features over the Honda lineup but they really need to step up their technology. The SUV is solid riding, quiet and comfortable but the air vents are not layered out well and do not hold cell phones in almost any position. The Bluetooth is quirky with iPhones and the navigation is fair at best. They need an upgrade soon for the premium price of this vehicle.

Nice but a little boring
By Jody Breeden

2016 Acura RDX SUV Advance Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Acura, first SUV. I like it but not as exciting to drive.