Used 2009 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Dependable
By Sue mancasola

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Oil change is pricey. Around town mileage not good. Love the turbo but I use it too often for quick starts

Bumpy ride
By Jim

2009 Acura RDX SUV Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Gas mileage for 4 cylinder is poor and vehicle uses premium fuel. Ride is quite uncomfortable.

Sports car in SUV shell
By Tim

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

The sportiest of a batch of SUVs available that year: BMW X3, Volvo XC60, and Audi Q5. Excellent mechanical reliability, although a couple electronics issues with the side-view mirror.

Like an MDX and Accord all in one
By jbriscoe

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I owned a 03 MDX and 07 Accord V6 previously...I wanted to go back to a SUV...just not a large one. The RDX fit the bill for me. I get 22 mpg non highway driving at an avg speed of 28 mph, I drive 66 mi daily round trip to work. The turbo kicks in when needed and the ride inside the cabin is quiet. The road feel can be bumpy on poorly maintained streets and the handling is great on quick turns.
If you need more cargo room and a fold down third seat, opt for the MDX and a few less mpg. I'm 5'3 and my husband is 6'1 and we both have plenty of head and leg room.

I like the large center storage console which can be locked up, the audio package, and the style of the vehicle. 5 star safety test rating. Programmable driver postions. Cup holders that can actually hold two large sized cups side by side.

Keyless remote for the lift gate and keyless ignition would be great added features for Acura to consider.

Comparing the RDX to BMW X3
By jmh12

2009 Acura RDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I traded my X3 for a used RDX. While the X3 was a good car, it's reliability was waning after 100K. The RDX was a great choice. Reminds me of the X3. Ride is about the same (choppy over rough spots) but handles even better than the X3. Seems roomier and gets a bit better gas mileage. Sure you can get low miles if you keep your foot in the turbo. I'm getting 23 to 27 on the highway and 19 in town. This is the AWD version too. I have an MDX that's been a reliable car. I expect the RDX to follow suit. It's a great car for one who enjoys driving and isn't put off by the tight suspension. Plus it's an Acura.

Is roomy; handles great; accelarates well; nicely built; good quality; good value

It should be possible to engineer the car for a smoother ride...perhaps a cruise and sports mode that adjusts the suspension.