2017 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Luxury with Missing Details
By Rebarguy

2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

We purchased our 2017 new in August 2017 in the Black Copper Pearl exterior and Espresso interior. We've also owned a 2008 and 2012 and loved everything about these cars. Except the Technology package does not come with a roof rack nor fog lights. To my surprise, the dealer would not include these in my deal as the parts and labor to install were almost $2,000.00. The fog lights alone were over $800 as the steering column has to be disassembled to install the fog light controls on a whole new turn signal lever. The roof rack requires rails and crossbars, two separate parts that totaled $1,200.00. They offered me an Advance for close to the same uncharge but they could not find the exterior/interior color combination in all of California. Additionally, the vehicle would not adapt to Apple Car Play (I hear the new models now do) so we use Waze the old-fashioned way - hand held. Other than that, it is a phenomenal vehicle. I keep the transmission in Sport mode and the SH-AWD has me woo-hooing when we drive up to Lake Tahoe or Lake Berryessa. And the Lane Keeping Assist Steering really does keep you within the lines, even when you take your hands off the wheel (but dash reminds you to keep your hands on after about 10 seconds). Blind spot alerts let you know when a vehicle is passing and the cruise control has "radar" that will slow you down when you approach a vehicle ahead of you. Interior storage is huge and the second row seats recline and slide back and forth. Great features for the fussy passengers.

Certified 2017 AWD
By Frank Drebin

2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I bought my MDX with 4K miles Certified from Acura. I was all set to buy a 2018 until I saw this 2017 and saved 10K over a new one. Only difference is CarPlay in 2018 and a quicker Navigation and radio screen. (see below) It was a service loaner vehicle so I had a few issues taken care of under warranty after purchasing. Let's start with the pros: What's all the fuss with the transmission? If you want better response and shifting put the car in Sports mode it makes a world of difference in performance, or use the paddle shifters on the wheel for more control. Gas mileage is about 27 on the highway. Seats in the Advance package are more comfortable than the Technology Package. Overall very comfortable car to drive in. Cons: The radio and navigation is outdated and very slow. This is where you may want a 2018 where you can use google maps for your navigation, I tunes, Spotify etc with ease and as noted the system is much quicker than 2016-2017 models. I just couldn't justify the cost. Only other con I can think of is that rear tailgate makes a loud beep when closing. It's so loud you may not want to use your tailgate in the early morning hours. Dealer says it's for safety and can't be turned off which seems odd because if you try to stop it from going down it goes right back up to avoid injuring anyone like a garage door which last I checked doesn't beep going down. Anyway, I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. If you need high tech and a better sound system I would check out the Audi's which are up to date on the latest tech stuff for cars.

Second MDX 2017 traded 2015
By SN Bueti

2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

2017 MDX is quite different 2015: tires are larger-9 speed transmission-finished exhaust system instead of hidden exhausts with reflectors. The 9 speed takes a second and a half to down shift but after that it just goes through the gears. Finished rear end similar to what is on Mercedes, a great touch. Don't especially like the leather or shall we say 'fake-leather' interior. Not good, and between the transmission and fake leather had to take a point off the 5 star rating. Great paint and nice chrome accents that 2015 didn't have. Not terrific in the snow, tires are touring, main culprit. Nice looking grill-another reason I traded in '15 for '17. Really like the vehicle and so do other people, that is why there are a ton of them out there! Great lease price on tech package, again change of year model and opted for only 7500 a year as Acura rolled in the 2015 14,000 miles under, only paying $433 month for 36 months and most likely will purchase vehicle at the end of lease for only 30K!

A Six Seater
By Trebor Rouscht

2017 Acura MDX Advance Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Has only 6 seats

Go for it
By Michael

2017 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

You get what you pay for. Spend a little more and enjoy.