2017 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Certified 2017 AWD
By Frank Drebin

2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I bought my MDX with 4K miles Certified from Acura. I was all set to buy a 2018 until I saw this 2017 and saved 10K over a new one. Only difference is CarPlay in 2018 and a quicker Navigation and radio screen. (see below) It was a service loaner vehicle so I had a few issues taken care of under warranty after purchasing. Let's start with the pros: What's all the fuss with the transmission? If you want better response and shifting put the car in Sports mode it makes a world of difference in performance, or use the paddle shifters on the wheel for more control. Gas mileage is about 27 on the highway. Seats in the Advance package are more comfortable than the Technology Package. Overall very comfortable car to drive in. Cons: The radio and navigation is outdated and very slow. This is where you may want a 2018 where you can use google maps for your navigation, I tunes, Spotify etc with ease and as noted the system is much quicker than 2016-2017 models. I just couldn't justify the cost. Only other con I can think of is that rear tailgate makes a loud beep when closing. It's so loud you may not want to use your tailgate in the early morning hours. Dealer says it's for safety and can't be turned off which seems odd because if you try to stop it from going down it goes right back up to avoid injuring anyone like a garage door which last I checked doesn't beep going down. Anyway, I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. If you need high tech and a better sound system I would check out the Audi's which are up to date on the latest tech stuff for cars.

Second MDX 2017 traded 2015
By SN Bueti

2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

2017 MDX is quite different 2015: tires are larger-9 speed transmission-finished exhaust system instead of hidden exhausts with reflectors. The 9 speed takes a second and a half to down shift but after that it just goes through the gears. Finished rear end similar to what is on Mercedes, a great touch. Don't especially like the leather or shall we say 'fake-leather' interior. Not good, and between the transmission and fake leather had to take a point off the 5 star rating. Great paint and nice chrome accents that 2015 didn't have. Not terrific in the snow, tires are touring, main culprit. Nice looking grill-another reason I traded in '15 for '17. Really like the vehicle and so do other people, that is why there are a ton of them out there! Great lease price on tech package, again change of year model and opted for only 7500 a year as Acura rolled in the 2015 14,000 miles under, only paying $433 month for 36 months and most likely will purchase vehicle at the end of lease for only 30K!

A Six Seater
By Trebor Rouscht

2017 Acura MDX Advance Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Has only 6 seats

Go for it
By Michael

2017 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7AM)

You get what you pay for. Spend a little more and enjoy.

I’m so glad I leased. Beware
By Drue Pizzino

2017 Acura MDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

First off. This 9 speed transmission is absolutely horrible. Driving on the street it does not know what gear it should be in at all and the car literally jerks back and forth as the gears shift extremely rough. Coming to a stop at a stop light the car jerks as it shifts gears down. Then stepping on the gas at a green light and be careful you don’t smash into the car in front of you as the car stumbles into 1st gear and jerks and shoots you forward into second. Then second jerks the car into third. It’s absolutely horrible and very frustrating. I leased this car brand new in December and took it to the dealer two days ago in March. The dealer told me this is normal. When I reverse I hear a loud pop as if I ran over a plastic bottle. This is every time I reverse and again the dealer told me it’s normal. The Bluetooth connectivity is a joke because nothing works besides my music in my phone. Pandora doesn’t work, text message retrieval doesn’t work, Hell most of the time it won’t connect to my phone unless I go into my phone and connect to AcuraLink. I’m very dissapointed with the mdx and Acura overall. I won’t be buying another Acura. I will go back to bmw or Mercedes maybe even Land Rover when this lease is up. Acura is supposed to be a luxury brand but from my experience with them vs my experience with Mercedes, Lexus, bmw, and Cadillac. Acura has a lot to learn about being a luxury brand. I’m highly highly dissatisfied and await for the day I return this car and get a true luxury suv with a brand that stands behind their products.