Used 2016 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Great SUV! Poor electronic interface.
By Fred Lauber

2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

The touch screen interface for navigation is horrible--you have to twist a dial to spell out where you want to go. I use Waze on my phone instead. The touch screen for music isn't much better. One more problem is that the transmission occasionally gets confused and shifts erratically. Other than those two problems, it is a great car with plenty of power, head room, leg room, cargo space and great gas mileage for a large and powerful vehicle. I have owned/leased two MDX's, a 2011, and a 2016. If it weren't for the touch screen interface, I would buy another MDX, but I'll get something else instead next time.

Death Trap On Wheels
By I drive a death trap!

2016 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I have been going round & round with Acura for months with nothing resolved. Since leasing the MDX in 2016 shifting & transmission has been horrible. That was an annoyance! Acura sent out a letter stating that it 2016 MDX were experiencing linkage issues. I called the dealership (that was 3 hours from my house) - the service department stated this was something they could only assess during the week. No exceptions! I explained that I was driving in and would need to have this looked at over the weekend. I was told there was not deadline on this warranty issue & to call when I would be available during the week. The hard shifting/ jerking only continued to increase and have intermittent times of briefly losing power while driving. Several months later ( after moving closer to a dealership) - I took the vehicle in to the service department. No one has knowledge of the letter that was sent out to the consumer. They told me that resetting the software would take care of the issues. ABSOLUTELY NOT - THEY ARE WORSE!! Several weeks after resetting the software - I was driving 75/80 mph on interstate passing a semi & traffic behind me and my MDX lost power. I would push on the accelerator and nothing! This was completely terrifying for me & my daughter who was in the passenger seat. Within 20 seconds or so - power kicked back in. The only positive in this situation is I was on a 4 lane interstate and not passing someone on a 2 lane highway. I took the vehicle into another Acura dealership and left it for a couple of days. They tried everything and can not get a diagnostic read on the computer. So - I know have a $40,000 vehicle parked in my driveway waiting for the lease to expire. As Acura has made very clear - without diagnostics - there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. This vehicle is no longer a nuisance to drive - but a safety issue for my family & everyone else on the road. Acura has been more than accommodating to release me another vehicle and let me out of my lease on the 2016 MDX. NO THANK YOU!! I am now in the process of filing a complaint with my State Attorney General and contacting my personal attorney. Apparently Acura does not care about the safety of the consumers driving/riding in their products or their liability of sticking their head in the sand and ignoring their issues. Google 2016 MDX complaints & you will see that I am not alone!!

Great Car
By JD

2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology and AcuraWatch Plus Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Handles great but ride a little harsh for luxury car

Rough Ride
By Fahim

2016 Acura MDX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Very rough bombing ride trans gear not smoothly shifting i can't drive n city people going normal 45 mph speed and I can't

Transmission nightmare
By Charles Topor

2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Transmission cannot be fixed. Has been checked 3 times and no software up date has worked Slow speed shifting is constant car looks great feels good but would not buy it again