2004 Volvo XC90 Transmission Issues
By FIOSWA on
2004 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)
I have an 04 Volvo XC90 and had the bad experience of the Transmission Service Urgent light coming on and the vehicle putting itself into "limp mode" to stop further damage. Of all the blogs I read after this happened, most of them had negative outcomes as far as support from Volvo. I had a great experience and wanted to share that Volvo covered 100% of my damages. I am getting a new transmission, new radiator and new lines installed. I called Volvo's customer service line. I was assigned a customer care rep that was extremely pleasant and helpful. She worked with the Volvo dealer and I had a response in 2 hours of the 100% coverage including the diagnostic fee. Volvo: 1-800-458-1552
Favorite Features
Love my car, so happy it will be fixed and running well again. It had 85k miles on it and the extended warranty had expired 4 months prior to the transmission failure. If you have a bad tranny you also need new lines and a new radiator because the trans fluid has been leaking into the radiator.
Suggested Improvements
The Volvo dealer stated it was the 04 and 05 tranny's that were bad. They have since fixed the issue and are willing to look at each case of bad transmissions to see if they are willing to provide "goodwill assistance", which they did for me. Otherwise it would have been over $8k in damages. Than