Buy It!
By brew_daddy_27 on
2011 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
I test drove and compared with the BMW X5, Audi Q5 and the Infiniti. Infiniti was tossed when I saw the size in person. Size matters! The only plus to the BMW was that I could add a third row of seating. The bad about both the BMW and the Audi was the price tag and what you get for that tag. The Volvo destroyed both in the safety department. I went with the T6 for the extra handling and body design. The curbside appeal of the T6 easily competes with the Audi (in my opinion wins). The end result is this, I have friend that purchased a loaded Q5 and another that purchased half loaded X5. Both are jealous of my loaded XC60. Not just the looks but the price tag was made them both weep.
Favorite Features
I took the Factory delivery trip to Sweeden and then road tripped it down though Sweeden into Denmark, and down Germany back to Kaiserslautern. The Delivery was the best car experience I have ever had. Getting to know my car on an immediate road trip was even better. I have all the bells and wistles except the BLIS system which I was told it still has its little problems. But between the lane departure and auto speed control I could sit back, relax, and enjoy the drive. Comfort was noticed and talked about by both my wife and myself throughout the trip and now my kids talk about it all the time (9 and 13). My favorite feature is the whole car. If you have the wallet for this class... XC60!
Suggested Improvements
After three months you always start wanting more. Not true here if you get it completely loaded. I love knowing that I am walking to get into my car. I love driving it in Germany where there are no speed limits and where I can hug turns and feel like I am in a big sports car. I also own a mini and although the XC60 feels heavier around turns the T6 chasis and the Volvo 4-wheel drive adjusts and gets rid of that total SUV feeling. I could write all day about how much I love this car and the everyday experience but I only get so many letters in this review. Last... if you are US military overseas... do yourself a huge favor and go price a Volvo today!
By ormandy
on 05/14/11 08:57 AM (PDT)

My brother and I concur re the XC60 and the Tourist Delivery Experience. 2010 XC T6, 3rd tourist delivery since '98. Seventh Volvo since 1970...this car is the best overall in all subjective and objective areas, in our opinion. Can see new nav is far superior, think by 2013 diesels will be exported to US. Father was in Army in Germany middle 50s...have returned to Europe 9 times '97. So happy to finally see factory tour in 2010. 22,100 smiles and 1st anniversary coming up May 24th. Hans, the TDS manager and best Volvo diplomat for an experience of a lifetime, delivered all three cars.