2010 Volvo XC60 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
XC60 T6 in a class of it's own
By Tdog86 on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

It was between the Lexus and XC60 and I went for the XC60 T6. I have about 9500 mi. on the car and I have no regrets with my decision. It's fun to drive and I haven't had any problems so far. Fits the kids comfortably in the back with the integrated booster and serves as an adequate backup family hauler when not using our XC90. Yes, we are now a complete Volvo faimly. I can't say enough about how safe these vehicles are and how safe I feel as a passenger or a driver. Now that Volvo is finally starting to get up to date on the electronics for the end user, that makes me like them even more.

BLIS Problem
By Steve Auyer on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After 3 trips to the dealer when they insisted the RH BLIS was working properly, I complained to VolvoCars USA in NJ. That got teir attention. The dealer kept the car for 2 days and finally diagnosed a failed RH BLIS camera. Their software showed no diagnostics so they insisted the camera was working properly. It was only after being pressured by VolvoCars USA that they took the time to find and repair the problem

Best I've Owned to Date
By mdblue on 07/24/10 18:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

By far, best vehicle I've owned - beats all other luxury SUV/CUVs out there. The "R Series" really makes a difference in handling & performance. Gas mileage is sub-par, but uses regular gas, so it's a wash. Every single time I drive the car, heads turn - don't see many on the road which I like. Feels incredibly solid and handles better than my 3 yr old sports sedan. R Series interior is on par with Q5 and nicer than all the others. Exterior styling - esp taillights is very cool. More masc than Q5. Nav system was a little annoying at first, but now I'm used to it and it works great. Most comfortable seats on the road.

Volvo XC60
By Hz2bred on 07/16/10 10:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After 3 days of driving our new XC60; the power steering went out. It took the dealership over 1 week to fix the problem and get the part. This model has been recalled 2 times since our purchase. In less than one year: a piece of the sunroof fell off and the rear wiper blade motor burned out. This has been a bit of a disappointing driving experience; especially when we spent over $40,000.00 on a car.

Great package for sporty ride
By R Driver on 03/30/10 07:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

It's tight and very comfortable. You can feel the road much better compared to the non-R, but don't expect a Porsche. This is still a cross over. So why pay extra for the R? Besides the design elements that are obvious, its all about the drive. This is a great car for the driver who wants to feel the road, have less body roll and tighter steering. For the passengers, they may find it a bit rigid off the highway, so if your passenger has influence over the purchase, bring them for the test drive. Your also going to have to be more careful with those 20" rims - and tires will be more expensive. If you drive a T6 and think its the same as the R. Think again. Drive it and decide.

Big improvement for R-design
By loyaltim on 03/06/10 15:02 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got XC60 R-Design in Passion Red, and did a test drive to compare R and "normal". I asked myself several times why I have to pay additional 3-4 thousand more just for the R logo and cosmetics features and I got an answer- completely different handling (suspension and steering)and you can not compare it, even my wife notice that immediately- no body rolling and no sofa bed driving sense. Love it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC60 Suv in VA is:

$118 per month*