Used 2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

XC60 T6 in a class of it's own
By Tdog86

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

It was between the Lexus and XC60 and I went for the XC60 T6. I have about 9500 mi. on the car and I have no regrets with my decision. It's fun to drive and I haven't had any problems so far. Fits the kids comfortably in the back with the integrated booster and serves as an adequate backup family hauler when not using our XC90. Yes, we are now a complete Volvo faimly. I can't say enough about how safe these vehicles are and how safe I feel as a passenger or a driver. Now that Volvo is finally starting to get up to date on the electronics for the end user, that makes me like them even more.

Favorite Features

I just love the City Saftey feature functionality. Contrary to my wife's better judgment, I use it probably 80% of the time. It's just a safe feeling that I get from it when driving.

Suggested Improvements

More Power!! Better Fuel Econemey.. Keep going with the user Technology.

BLIS Problem
By Steve Auyer

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After 3 trips to the dealer when they insisted the RH BLIS was working properly, I complained to VolvoCars USA in NJ. That got teir attention. The dealer kept the car for 2 days and finally diagnosed a failed RH BLIS camera. Their software showed no diagnostics so they insisted the camera was working properly. It was only after being pressured by VolvoCars USA that they took the time to find and repair the problem

Favorite Features

Turbo power when you need it.

Best I've Owned to Date
By mdblue

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

By far, best vehicle I've owned - beats all other luxury SUV/CUVs out there. The "R Series" really makes a difference in handling & performance. Gas mileage is sub-par, but uses regular gas, so it's a wash. Every single time I drive the car, heads turn - don't see many on the road which I like. Feels incredibly solid and handles better than my 3 yr old sports sedan. R Series interior is on par with Q5 and nicer than all the others. Exterior styling - esp taillights is very cool. More masc than Q5. Nav system was a little annoying at first, but now I'm used to it and it works great. Most comfortable seats on the road.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, seat comfort, safety features, 5yr maintenance plan, 9in ground clearance, totally unique - nothing else like it on road, great DynaAudio sound system, R Series package, great storage, easy in/out.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, ventilated front seats, storage for change in center console

Volvo XC60
By Hz2bred

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After 3 days of driving our new XC60; the power steering went out. It took the dealership over 1 week to fix the problem and get the part. This model has been recalled 2 times since our purchase. In less than one year: a piece of the sunroof fell off and the rear wiper blade motor burned out. This has been a bit of a disappointing driving experience; especially when we spent over $40,000.00 on a car.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room in the front of the car. Make the light leather easier to clean - or offer cleaning products.

Great package for sporty ride
By R Driver

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

It's tight and very comfortable. You can feel the road much better compared to the non-R, but don't expect a Porsche. This is still a cross over. So why pay extra for the R? Besides the design elements that are obvious, its all about the drive. This is a great car for the driver who wants to feel the road, have less body roll and tighter steering. For the passengers, they may find it a bit rigid off the highway, so if your passenger has influence over the purchase, bring them for the test drive. Your also going to have to be more careful with those 20" rims - and tires will be more expensive. If you drive a T6 and think its the same as the R. Think again. Drive it and decide.

Favorite Features

I did not like the look of the seats with the different color inserts but it really grew on me. Debated on PCC but SO GLAD we got it. Thankful every time it rains. No fumbling with keys to get in and out of the car. Love the back up camera. Also love the 5yr maintenance and wrt - worry free.

Suggested Improvements

There should be better integration between the GPS screen and the radio, etc. I think they could have put all on one screen. GPS should not be DVD based, but flash drive. No big deal to us, but just seems so last year.