2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Missing Two Important Features
By AnshuNJ on 02/21/07 12:08 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is an amazing small SUV, but it does not come with built-in satellite radio (it's not even an option). I don't like to use standalone dashboard-mounted satellite radio player. Also, the navigation system does not have voice recognition.

This is an Awesome SUV!
By KeithB on 02/15/07 20:09 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am very happy with my new Touareg. I waited for the 3.6L FSI engine and it does not disappoint. The fit and finish here is top notch. I have owned BMW's and Audi's and I like the Audi feel of the Touareg in terms of ride quality and German feel. Nice rig!

The Touareg is Awesome!
By KeithB on 02/11/07 17:49 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We really love our Touareg. The build quality is top notch from the first class interior to the 3.6L FSI V6 which really feels like a V8 and is more economical. This vehicle is a nice ride. I really like how comfortable the car is and that you do not hear any road noise at all. I have owned a lot of BMW's and one Audi and you just can't beat the German car feel here. I also like the idea that the Touareg is somewhat unique in that you don't really see many of them on the road. Everybody has a X5, MDX or whatever. The Touareg stands out from the rest. This vehicle is a keeper!

Constant Brake Squeal
By carb1776 on 02/10/07 18:00 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I looked a many SUVs like the Tribeca, Sante Fe, CR-V and choose the VW because of the leg room and comfortable ride. With 4,900 miles I regret not buying a Honda, Toyota or Nissan. I have had a brake squeal every time the brakes are applied and the VW dealer says it's normal and part of the brake design. I'm embarrassed to drive anyone in my vehicle. $35,000+ is a lot of money to let a vehicle sit in the driveway. You won't find a vehicle with better comfort or handling but the trade-off is the brake squeal. It's annoying and I am filing a Lemon Law complaint if it can't be fixed. I won't buy another VW again.

Get Ready to Spend More Money
By VWFan on 02/09/07 15:04 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love to drive my Touareg and drive about 20,000 miles annually. I enjoy the style, handling, and overall quality of the vehicle. That said BEWARE! The brakes last only about 30,000 miles and cost about $1,600 to replace! The tires are pricey and burn out at under 40,000 miles as well. A small front rattle is common, but minor/easily fixed with felt. Don't get me wrong - I love the ride, but for the money I expect more in services and extras that VW just wont deliver. Check out the Audi SUVs for a better deal.

Excellent SUV
By Susan Curtis on 01/29/07 15:35 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned other mid-sized premium SUVs and this one is my favorite. It handles so well and I feel very safe in it. It has surpassed my expectations and continues to do so.

Excellent
By ehd on 01/28/07 21:57 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Touareg has excellent build-quality, power, handling, comfort; and it is fun to drive on and off-road. Despite some of the complaints, the FSI V8's fuel economy is on par with any comparable performance AWD vehicle with 350 hp.

Nice Truck
By Djsamy on 01/23/07 13:47 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2007 Touareg V6 has a nice ride. It's a smooth truck and a beast in the snow.

Love the Touareg
By automatic on 01/20/07 20:50 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am amazed with the car like ride and Lexus like build quality. I love the design and confident stance.

This is Awesome!
By K.B.S. on 01/19/07 15:32 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is great! The build quality and rigidity are excellent and it is more comfortable than my old Cadillac Escalade! The reliability has been excellent as well, though that is to be expected from a VW. I have had no problems whatsoever. I already have almost 7,000 miles on it and it runs very well. The gas mileage isn't perfect, but considering the fact that the vehicle is built better than a tank and tows 7,700 lbs, I don't mind. The V6 is not the most athletic of engines, but the V8 is too much for me and I couldn't justify paying almost $70,000 (with options) for the V10 TDI, but it has plenty of power and is very smooth, as is the tranny. Buy one! They don't fail to satisfy!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.