2007 Volkswagen Touareg V6 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

2007 Touareg Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

Sort Reviews by

Missing Two Important Features
By AnshuNJ

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is an amazing small SUV, but it does not come with built-in satellite radio (it's not even an option). I don't like to use standalone dashboard-mounted satellite radio player. Also, the navigation system does not have voice recognition.

Favorite Features

All of the standard features are great.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a factory-installed satellite radio receiver, an in-dash CD changer, and a navigation system with voice recognition like the ones in Hondas / Acuras.

This is an Awesome SUV!
By KeithB

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am very happy with my new Touareg. I waited for the 3.6L FSI engine and it does not disappoint. The fit and finish here is top notch. I have owned BMW's and Audi's and I like the Audi feel of the Touareg in terms of ride quality and German feel. Nice rig!

Favorite Features

The interior / exterior finish and comfort of the quiet ride. It has great options available. This is not your usual (X5 or MDX) SUV that you see everywhere. The quality is here!

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice to get better gas mileage, but this vehicle is so fun to drive it really doesn't bother you.

The Touareg is Awesome!
By KeithB

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We really love our Touareg. The build quality is top notch from the first class interior to the 3.6L FSI V6 which really feels like a V8 and is more economical. This vehicle is a nice ride. I really like how comfortable the car is and that you do not hear any road noise at all. I have owned a lot of BMW's and one Audi and you just can't beat the German car feel here. I also like the idea that the Touareg is somewhat unique in that you don't really see many of them on the road. Everybody has a X5, MDX or whatever. The Touareg stands out from the rest. This vehicle is a keeper!

Favorite Features

I love the luxurious interior and options. It has heated seats in the front and rear and even in the steering wheel. It has a nice, solid feel!

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage is not the greatest but it's worth it!

Constant Brake Squeal
By carb1776

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I looked a many SUVs like the Tribeca, Sante Fe, CR-V and choose the VW because of the leg room and comfortable ride. With 4,900 miles I regret not buying a Honda, Toyota or Nissan. I have had a brake squeal every time the brakes are applied and the VW dealer says it's normal and part of the brake design. I'm embarrassed to drive anyone in my vehicle. $35,000+ is a lot of money to let a vehicle sit in the driveway. You won't find a vehicle with better comfort or handling but the trade-off is the brake squeal. It's annoying and I am filing a Lemon Law complaint if it can't be fixed. I won't buy another VW again.

Favorite Features

I like how it is so roomy inside and handles any road condition.

Suggested Improvements

Cons: constant brake squeal with only 4,900 miles. A drive shaft bearing went bad at 4,000 miles, a $3000 repair.

Get Ready to Spend More Money
By VWFan

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love to drive my Touareg and drive about 20,000 miles annually. I enjoy the style, handling, and overall quality of the vehicle. That said BEWARE! The brakes last only about 30,000 miles and cost about $1,600 to replace! The tires are pricey and burn out at under 40,000 miles as well. A small front rattle is common, but minor/easily fixed with felt. Don't get me wrong - I love the ride, but for the money I expect more in services and extras that VW just wont deliver. Check out the Audi SUVs for a better deal.

Favorite Features

The fantastic design and fun ride.

Suggested Improvements

It should get better gas mileage (15 mpg is average). An iPod adapter would be useful.

Excellent SUV
By Susan Curtis

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned other mid-sized premium SUVs and this one is my favorite. It handles so well and I feel very safe in it. It has surpassed my expectations and continues to do so.

Favorite Features

The exterior styling, interior styling, comfort, great handling, and safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Use less wood on the interior trim. Replace it with brushed aluminum etc.

Excellent
By ehd

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Touareg has excellent build-quality, power, handling, comfort; and it is fun to drive on and off-road. Despite some of the complaints, the FSI V8's fuel economy is on par with any comparable performance AWD vehicle with 350 hp.

Favorite Features

The 350 hp FSI V8 motor, 6-speed transmission with sport and manual shift modes, optional air suspension with adaptive xenon lights.

Suggested Improvements

Offer paddle shifters (as an installed option vs. going 3rd party). The hitch is expensive if you have a dealer install it, it pays to order it pre-installed.

Nice Truck
By Djsamy

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2007 Touareg V6 has a nice ride. It's a smooth truck and a beast in the snow.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

One clock is enough.

Love the Touareg
By automatic

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am amazed with the car like ride and Lexus like build quality. I love the design and confident stance.

Favorite Features

The lack of blind spots on the road. This truck is amazing and very safe.

Suggested Improvements

Follow Mercedes when it comes to windows. Even after a fresh new car wash, Mercedes' windows don't smear. Why can't VW do this?

This is Awesome!
By K.B.S.

2007 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is great! The build quality and rigidity are excellent and it is more comfortable than my old Cadillac Escalade! The reliability has been excellent as well, though that is to be expected from a VW. I have had no problems whatsoever. I already have almost 7,000 miles on it and it runs very well. The gas mileage isn't perfect, but considering the fact that the vehicle is built better than a tank and tows 7,700 lbs, I don't mind. The V6 is not the most athletic of engines, but the V8 is too much for me and I couldn't justify paying almost $70,000 (with options) for the V10 TDI, but it has plenty of power and is very smooth, as is the tranny. Buy one! They don't fail to satisfy!

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the V6 TDI to the states, we could use 28 mpg over here!