2005 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Review: 2005 Touareg V8 Review

2005 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Review

2005 Volkswagen Touareg

V8 4dr SUV (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

2005 Touareg V8 Review
By gabbott on

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car and can't wait for the V6 diesel to reach the states. I have driven the Touareg V6 diesel (overseas) and all I can say is wow. 30+ mpg and lots of torque. I compare my Touareg to my brothers 2 X5's (both diesel, 2006 & 2008). The interior layout of the Touareg is far beyond the BMW. Even my brother agrees. The newer larger X5 is a disappointment compared to the older body style. The Touaregs styling is better than both X5's. The Touareg coming in as a overweight still handles very well. The suspension does a very good job of keeping the car at it's optimum performance level. The sound of the V8 is quit p;easing. I have gotten 20 MPG on the hwy at 72 MPH.

The air suspension is a real nice feature. Control layout is as good as it gets. Setting the suspension to comfort makes an interstate ride very comfortable. Offroad capability is second to none. This is the SUV nobody will test. In Europe they are compared to the Land Rover.

The navigation has a lot to be desired. Mine is the 10 CD version. Fuel economy is not bad for it's weight and towing capacity but a little better would be nice. I found driving the Touareg conservatively uses more gas. You got to push it a bit to get the best MPG (at low speeds, city).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review