Update on my May 2013 review
By desertguy51 on
2013 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen S PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
Updating my May 2013 review Great seats for long drives. Excellent lumbar support. I'd like full power seats, but at least the power seat back adjustment is a great idea. Mileage: Great. Recent trip: Palm Springs to Oakland: 35.5 mpg. Marin to Ventura counties: 37.5 Ventura to Palm Springs: 39.5 This is not the TDI, so although I'd love the additional power of the turbo, the excellent mileage has compensated for the 2.5. Bluetooth works well, although I did have to have the dealer pair my phone to it. They were happy to do it and I have to say that VW service has been excellent from VW of Palm Springs.
Favorite Features
Adjustable lumbar support for driver seat, with power back adjust. Storage capacity - the Monster Mat package turns out to be really useful. Bluetooth. I'm a firm believer in no hand held devices while driving, so this is a great feature.
Suggested Improvements
Bluetooth. Make the voice directions a bit faster, less lag time before being able to actually instruct the system to connect to a specific contact. Also, cancelling a call is still a bit confusing. Offering a good back up camera, not just on top of the line models. Offering full power seats as an option on all models. This is less about luxury than about back support, reducing fatigue and pain.