2007 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: My Wonderful Car

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My Wonderful Car
By woele on

2007 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I went for the 2 door hatchback, manual, convenience package only. I was looking for a cheap, brand new car, and I got more than I ever thought I would. Being the most basic package, there's not a whole lot of extra safety features, but I almost feel like I don't need them. Handling is excellent; it is as responsive as I figured for a 106 hp engine. The interior doesn't feel cheap and I enjoy all of the extra compartments. Everyone who has gotten in it for the first time is amazed at how much room there really is. Everything I brought down with me for school fit in the Yaris (bed, desks, a bike, shelves, etc). Highly recommended for someone looking for a new, cheap car that's great to drive.

Fuel economy: though I've only gotten above the rated fuel economy once (40.06 mpg), my average so far is right around 37 mpg. I love the feeling of buying 6 gallons of gas and knowing I'm set for a couple of weeks. Surprising amount of space, especially with the seats folded down.

I'm not a fan of the daytime driving lights. Cup holders in the door can impair rolling the window up/down. Headrests are angled too far forward. Unconventional door locks make it hard to open when you lock your keys in the car. (Oops!) The material for the panels between windows can age quickly.