Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Amazing drive
By cabldawg

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My company sent me to work about 4.5 hours away from home. I bought it for gas mileage but I was amazed at the performance of the small motor. I put a K&N filter and cruise control on it and have been very happy.

Favorite Features

Mine doesn't have rear window wiper and I do miss it.

Suggested Improvements

None, it is what it is

Great car
By KWS

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car a week ago and first tank of gas got me over 400+ miles averaging 38mpg. Only miss cruise control of which I will probably have dealership install. I'm 6'1" and the leg room needs a hair more for me but other than that this is a great car.

Favorite Features

great gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

have as standard options what the competition has as standard.

Great Little Car
By Steve

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle new in May, 2006. I have received mixed reviews from friends and family regarding the looks and size of the car, but my intention was to purchase a car that was good on gas with the reliability of a Toyota. I average approximately 36 miles per gallon, mostly freeway with some in town. I am 6 feet tall and have plenty of leg and head room. Anyone sitting behind me is cramped. My complaint, is the positioning of the steering wheel. Because I have to have the seat all the way back, the steering wheel is too far away and I find myself constantly shifting steering hands because of the discomfort. Would be nice if the wheel telescoped. Truly annoying!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is great, although not as much as I expected, even with me being a conservative driver.

Suggested Improvements

Would love cruise control, more control of windshield wipers (intermittent is only one speed) and telescoping steering wheel.

I love my Yaris!!!
By Monika

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Yaris 2 years ago, I was probably one of the first customers. Everyone kept asking me questions about my car, people rolled their windows to ask me about my car. And after 2 years I have not had a problem, in fact I love it more, as it is reliable and very comfortable! I drive about 90 miles per day, and school at least 2 times a week, so as you can see I spend a lot of time in my car! I definitively recommend this car for everyone! it is known as the "green car" in Europe. In our last trip I was very pleased to see my car in every corner at least 5 different countries in Europe! Honestly, I can not wait for the 09 as my husband is getting one, good bye trucks! I really love it!

Favorite Features

One of the best features is the interior space, I have gone on trips with 4 people, and no complains! it is very comfortable. You also can move many things around without problems! It is really useful in every sense

Suggested Improvements

Ability to open the back windows.

Liftback Lover
By No Regrets

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Yaris liftback about 2 years ago, and it's the first car that never gave me buyer's remorse. I've owned luxury cars, 4x4s, station wagons, sedans, and sports cars. Every one of them forced me to compromise. I'm in a band, and I can fit a Marshall half-stack, 2 JBL monitor cabs, 4 guitars, a bag of cords, a change of clothes, and my girlfriend in my Yaris. Usually, five can ride comfortably. It's so good on gas, I sometimes forget which side the gas cap's on. This car is the perfect blend of economy, utility, and style. Complete strangers are so fascinated by it, they strike up conversations with me in parking lots. With rising fuel costs, this car is the way to go.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, go-kart handling, incredible cargo/passenger capacity for its size. It has 3 glove boxes, iPod jack, and more cubbies and cupholders than I know what to do with. Although the center-mounted controls and gauges took me a couple weeks to get used to, I haven't had any disappointments.

Suggested Improvements

There is significant road noise at highway speeds. Maybe a more powerful stereo would drown it out. That's about it.