Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Excelent Car
By Cesar

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I took the car to Las Vegas and San Diego almost brand new; the car gave around 43 miles per gallon going 65 MPG average. It is very comfortable considering the size of the car. My wife uses the car to daily commute to work and she loves it.

it is very comfortable

Trunk is small

Piece of Art
By veewhitehead88

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Yaris a year before it became the model year, it had 19 miles on it. The car is reliable, I've never had a problem with it running. It is unbelievably peppy for such a small engine, the car climbs to speed easily on the road. Gas mileage is fantastic. It's all the hybrid mpg without the hybrid price. The only cons against it is that there is no rpm or battery gauge, and it does not handle well on turns at high speeds. The dashboard is all plastic, and while it has tons of storage room up front, my two glove compartment doors do not line up properly with the dash for whatever reason. I would recommend this car to absolutely anyone in the market for a small, hybrid-ish car.

Sound system, the THREE glove compartments, FIVE cup holders, the seat belt alarms, and the exterior design of the car.

The plastic dash looks really cheap and scrapes easily. Also, there isn't a lot of leg room in the back seat unless the passengers are children. Also, although there are only three doors to lock and two windows to roll down, it would be nice if they were automatic.

Amazing drive
By cabldawg

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My company sent me to work about 4.5 hours away from home. I bought it for gas mileage but I was amazed at the performance of the small motor. I put a K&N filter and cruise control on it and have been very happy.

Mine doesn't have rear window wiper and I do miss it.

None, it is what it is

Great car
By KWS

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car a week ago and first tank of gas got me over 400+ miles averaging 38mpg. Only miss cruise control of which I will probably have dealership install. I'm 6'1" and the leg room needs a hair more for me but other than that this is a great car.

great gas mileage

have as standard options what the competition has as standard.

Great Little Car
By Steve

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle new in May, 2006. I have received mixed reviews from friends and family regarding the looks and size of the car, but my intention was to purchase a car that was good on gas with the reliability of a Toyota. I average approximately 36 miles per gallon, mostly freeway with some in town. I am 6 feet tall and have plenty of leg and head room. Anyone sitting behind me is cramped. My complaint, is the positioning of the steering wheel. Because I have to have the seat all the way back, the steering wheel is too far away and I find myself constantly shifting steering hands because of the discomfort. Would be nice if the wheel telescoped. Truly annoying!

Gas mileage is great, although not as much as I expected, even with me being a conservative driver.

Would love cruise control, more control of windshield wipers (intermittent is only one speed) and telescoping steering wheel.