2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
I Love My Sexy Yaris!!
By goldieee on 06/28/07 23:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drive the 3 door hatchback and it's the cutest little car ever, cuter than the Volkswagen buggy, Minicooper, etc. People always comment about how adorable my car is. I'm always happy at the pump because it only costs me about 30-35 dollars to fill up the tank, and it lasts about 1.5-2 weeks. It's roomy, comfortable, and reliable! :)

Great for zipping around town
By sharon devenney on 06/08/07 19:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I might not want to go on a long trip in it, but it is great getting around town, especially when trying to avoid the interstates. Parking is a breeze anywhere downtown.

Unique Styling, Outstanding Mileage
By micweb on 06/06/07 15:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the type of car I expected from VW - compact, highly efficient, well made, and innovative. Well, I had to go to Toyota to get it, but at least there are a ton of Toyota dealers to get it serviced at! :-) I gave up some creature comforts that I hardly miss - like power windows etc. - but got a great price. This puppy accelerates FAST with a 5 speed. It is more sporty than my old VW Golf! At the same time I am getting 35-37 mpg during this break-in period on my freeway commute. Quiet when cruising. Engine noise when accelerating, but that's the trade off for a sub-2500 pound car that does well in NHTSA, NCAP, and IIHS crash tests. I'm a happy new owner!

I Love My Little Yaris!
By Laurie on 06/05/07 13:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a little over a month ago, and have really enjoyed it. It's my first new car, so I've been really careful during the "break in" process. I can tell it has gotten smoother during this time. The steering is awesome! I also have come to really like the center console design. It's easy to use and find all the controls. Sometimes I wish there were a tachometer, but it's not a big deal. This is a great car for anyone who just wants a buzz-around car! It does great on the highway as well, although it has a harder time accelerating on hills (and with more than 2 adults in the car). But I still love it for what it is!!

Extremely Pleased!
By matt_n on 06/04/07 13:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really do love my Yaris. I was a bit skeptical after reading some reviews from various editors, but in the end I decided to trust the consumer reviews, and I'm glad I did. As long as you understand that you are not going to have the fastest car in the world, I think you will be pleased if you purchase a Yaris. I have a light touch on the pedal to conserve my MPG, but it has no problem traveling in the fast lane. I have never driven a hatchback, but now I am hooked forever! Some reviews talk about a lack of a fun factor, but trust me, it's a lot more fun than handling a big truck or SUV. It's a great feeling to fill up my tank and know it's going to last me the week! That alone is worth it.

First compact car
By Chris on 05/30/07 13:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a real pleasure to drive. I drive 60+ miles a day and this car has performed well above my expectations. It accelerates well and has no problems at freeway speeds. A very solid car all around.

I'm converted
By I M AWESOME on 05/30/07 06:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted the Rabbit as I have always had a GTI and couldn't afford the new ones. I mosey into the Toyota dealership and see the Yaris and wasn't convinced at first until I drove it. It's a little slow off the gun, but once you get into the mid-range, she has some go. It's the most fun car I've driven and it's more comfortable than the Mini. I got the convenience package which is good, but plan on getting all the TRD accessories. Gas mileage is great, which was my primary motivation for the car, but I never expected it to be so fun to drive. Got the Blazing Blue and plan on making it look like the commercial. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and recommend it to anyone.

Update on Yaris
By OKJoe on 05/22/07 11:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

After just over 1000 miles, we took a trip to OK City on Friday. We got 330 miles out of exactly 9 gallons of gas for a total of 36.7 miles per gallon, all highway on cruise control, going about 74 MPH. Everything is great so far. I have the same complaints as my first review. I have to agree that the seats are not as comfortable as I'd like on long trips. They might break in though after a while. A minor complaint is that the turn signal auto shut off could be more sensitive. I seem to have to shut it off manually on slow wide turns. Otherwise we both love the car!

EURODATACAR
By Eurostar on 05/19/07 23:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car in Oct 06,, ever since just loving it, I'm upgrading a lot of parts to this car, the car was built to be a tuner, lots of aftermarket parts for it. It's very easy and fun to drive, great performance and MPG for its class, and the best of all is that it looks very nice, stylish, European and sporty.

Awesome Car!!
By Ondraya on 05/19/07 20:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had Toyotas for over 13 yrs, one had 183,000 miles on it. Had to drive over 300 miles to get the model Yaris I wanted. Picked up my new Yaris; it's quiet, peppy, fun to drive, stable, cute, well-placed intrument panel, roomy, easy to drive and park. I drive a LOT and this car has been getting 42-44 mpg. average. The turning radius is sooo much fun, I drove in circles just to play. "Turns on a dime, runs on loose change!!" I did tons of research, trust me this is the best deal for the money!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.