2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
I love this car!
By Marian on 08/26/08 20:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2007 Yaris for a year, and I love it. My drive to work is 65 miles round trip per day, so I really needed a fuel efficient car, and this is the perfect fit! Initially I was drawn to the car because it was cute and small and reminded me of the SmartCar, however I was pleasantly surprised by all of the perks! I've been stopped on multiple occasions by strangers intrigued by the car & can do nothing but brag about it. The backseat leg room is unbelievable, the amount of storage (including all 3 glove boxes) is amazing, & the gas mileage is wonderful. My only complaint is how sensitive the car is to wind on the highway. I love the car!

2007 Toyota Yaris
By bill on 08/08/08 16:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Yaris has been an excellent purchase from the start. 38 mpg in town using the air, 42 on the hwy. Fast and comfortable, it is a great value for the money.

The most satisfying car
By Scott on 08/03/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got mine two years ago and I am proud of having driven it around, particularly nowadays when gas price is above $4 per gallon. It always gives me more than 38 mpg even when I drive it in town. I can say that of many cars I have driven in the past including Honda Accord and Civic, the Yaris is the only car I have been totally satisfied with in every aspect. Since it is so cute, my wife who drives a Honda Accord begs me to drive hers and her to drive mine. Last year I purchase another Yaris for my son.

After one year of Yarising
By OKJoe on 08/01/08 06:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Pros: mileage still great at 37mph highway though I lost 2-3 mph when ethanol is added. Easy to park, and get in/out of. Adequate storage. A/C excellent. Dash layout excellent. Cons: seats are uncomfortable for long haul. Door arm rests are VERY hard! Also no standard middle console arm rest. Repairs: Rear view mirror disengaged from window. Cruise control disengaged two times for unknown reasons. Overall: We both still love the car and would buy again.

The best car i ever had
By mark kumer on 07/17/08 19:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am 41 years old. I travel over 100 miles a day round trip. I bought my yaris as a birthday present for my wife. We travel together to save on gas. Thats why I bought this fine work of art in my own words. You see its a steal for what you pay compared to the hybrids. I get 45 to 50 miles to the gallon with the a/c off and driven 55 mph with a 10 gallon tank you do the math its awesome. You know that credit card commercial. 45 miles to the gallon on a 10 gallon price

Great Little Car
By rlmusic on 06/24/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Yaris as a commuter and I am so glad I did. I have a little lead foot and get between 32 and 34 MPG in the city. It's fun to drive and easy to manuver in traffic. I drive it everywhere instead of driving my other two vehicles. Best car purchase I've made.

96,000 miles in 16 months
By Yaris Fan on 06/10/08 17:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After putting 300k on my 2004 Matrix with only having to replace the catalitic converter I bought the Yaris as a gas saver. I had the car for 16 months, drove to from San Francisco Bay to Oregon and back, and Arizona and back with no problems. The car is more fun to drive than my Matrix and doesn't drive like an econo box. For MPG, I always averaged in the mid 30s and better when I drove like most people do. After more than 96,000 on the car in only 16 month I had no problems, but then decided to drive under a Dodge Durango. Car was totaled but I walked away without a scratch. As soon as I gey my insurance check I will be back for my third Toyota! Probably another Yaris!

Great Car!
By RainaRaina on 05/22/08 08:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Yaris for a year now and I still love it. Gas mileage is great, and I can finally parallel park! It also comes with a bunch of hidden storage in the dash and an iPod jack.

Be Wary with Yaris
By aesthetitican1987 on 05/19/08 22:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2 door hatchback for almost 2 years. First off, I describe it as driving a Pepsi can on wheels. I got so many dents from the littlest of things with this car. I had an accident from sliding down a hill of ice and hit someone from behind. The car handled well in the accident, but was expensive to fix. The worst part of having this car, was when it was windy. I had an issue where the wind hyper-extended the driver side door and it wouldn't close afterwards. It was raining at the time, ergo, the interior got soaked, which led to an interior odor, and even after the door was "fixed" by the body shop it still never worked properly. Very noisy interior.

Fuel mileage not so great
By Glen on 05/05/08 09:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car does good on fuel until you take it out on the highway, anything above 60 and the fuel mileage drops like a rock. I get about 37 for mixed driving but when I take it out on the open road... 25 to 28

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.