Used 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

We now have three, this was our first
By Page

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little car. We get 39mpg with this one. Very roomy interior, more so than the Corolla we traded in. No problems encountered, has enough power accessories too and the ipod plug to keep the teenagers happy with the car. Can't find anything wrong, priced right for quality!

Favorite Features

Great storage space, cup holders, ipod/MP player connection was the only one we could find in 2007, Toyota is ahead of the game.

Suggested Improvements

The center speedometer takes getting used to...

A great buy
By Alley123

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car! Had it for over 2 years with no troubles. Routine oil changes are only required every 5000 miles instead of the usual 3000. My tires will need replacing soon (currently have 37000 miles on them.) I love that it's a small car, yet the seats feel more like that of a van in that you sit straight up instead of the laid back/stretched out position of many cars. And I haven't found anything that doesn't fit in the back when the seat is folded down. The back seat is very roomy for a two-door car. You don't hit your head on the ceiling and enough leg room for an average person. Great gas mileage, although I've never gotten what other people have reported (I get 33-36 mpg).

Favorite Features

Comfortable seat positions, great mpg, awesome storage capacity, great buying price, I can park anywhere! 7 cup holders and 3 glove compartments.

Suggested Improvements

Hmmm. Someplace to put a garbage can other than the passenger side floor.

Don't Have a Fender Bender!
By Broken hearted

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I rear-ended another vehicle that left a dent on their bumper and did $3500 damage to my Yaris! Why so fragile? And the airbag didn't even go off. I love the car. I put the back seat down and use the hatchback/space like it's a pickup truck for building and garden supplies, etc. It's amazing what you can get in that little car. My manual transmission and reasonable driving practices result in >40 mpg IN TOWN! I love this car, I just wish it weren't so fragile.

Favorite Features

Seven (7) cupholders! Yay! Roomy back seat. Great handling. Cute and gets lots of questions/comments from others.

Suggested Improvements

Hold up better in a slight collision.

Amazing buy
By zelaya_ed

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I'm in college... and the last thing I wanted to have to worry about was my car. So I decided to go with a toyota - having to be on a budget the Yaris was definitely in my price range. Immediately I fell in love with the car, it looked cool, had an ipod jack built in, power everything, and finally I got to the gas station. 20 bucks filled her up, what a buy.

Favorite Features

Ipod Jack, interior design

Suggested Improvements

A fourth gear would be nice, and a little more horse power. Also try and make the car look a little less girly?

Awesome
By Ben-David Kaminski

2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

With the proper driving you can get over 40mpg. The car is great in snow. It is a great car to customize and turn heads for little money. Toyota quality should last a long time.

Favorite Features

Mpg, looks, hatchback.

Suggested Improvements

They should've had cruise as an option in 2007. I believe they have it now. I had it custom installed.