2011 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
lots and lots of problems
By georgejacobs on 05/29/14 11:29 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've purchased our 2011 Venza new and have had it now for three years and 35k miles. We have had continual problems with the alarm going off for no reason. It's been in the shop three times but Toyota can't fix it. They did manage to silence the horn on the alarm but the lights still flash. On and off the steering makes a whining or creaking sound. Recently the sun visor on the driver's side broke--it wouldn't stay up or down, just mid-way where it obstructed the front view. The mileage is not quite what Toyota claimed--we get about 22-24 on the highway. For a vehicle that had a sticker price of $40k, it's definitely a disappointment.

Love it and almost 100k miles!
By fasteddie11 on 08/01/13 20:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2010 Venza V6 2wd with approximately 20k miles on it in the summer of 2010. It is now August 2013 and I have a little over 98k on the odometer. I love this car! I have had no problems and no issues at all. I am a car freak and typically trade every year. I traded a 2009 Lincoln MKX for this Toyota. I realized that trading so often was simply costing too much so I wanted a car that I could keep for at least 150k miles and looks good...I made the right choice. It has plenty of power and I am averaging approx 20 MPG between city and hwy. I did have a cosmetic issue with a wheel. If you scrape a curb, the wheel paint can start to peel off in large chunks. Besides that, very happy.

Venza Problem aread
By johnboy47 on 07/15/13 11:34 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

There are three problem that we are experiencing with our 2011 Venza. First, and most important, is the fact that small animals are getting under the hood and into the interior of the car (clove compartment mainly). This is due to a design flaw that exposes openings on each side of the vehicle where water drains off the windshield that are not screened to prevent this from happening. Second, the gas mileage is poor. We have the base 4 cylinder engine and there is no way this vehicle is getting the posted mileage-absolutely no way. Thirdly, there are serious problems with being able to see in the rear of the vehicle, making backing up in traffic a real challenge.

38000 mile review
By veevolt on 03/07/13 19:43 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My comments seem to unfortunately mirror other who have posted a review for this model. I to have had several rattles pop up, humming from the rear at highway speeds, navigation unit failure, leaking water pump, leaking sunroof, abs sensors replaced, and two battery replacements so far. This is my first Toyota and quite sure It'll be my last.

2011 Venza- not what I expected!
By mnharris on 02/13/13 14:36 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's been a rather dissapointing 24 months with my Venza AWD. It's been in no less than 11 times for repairs, rattles in the dash/console, interior lights have quit working twice now along with all the dash backlighting, the automatic transmission sometimes has a very long delay before upshifting, Toyota has reflashed twice now and it works great for a few months then the problem returns....they now blame it on my driving style!?!? Im also very unhappy with the fuel economy, its downright V8 like at 15mpg average with a 50/50 mix of in town and interstate driving. Not sure I'll be keeping this one much longer.

Faux Toyota
By aapcowboy on 01/02/13 09:56 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car back in January of 2012. It was a 2011 Demo. Had all options. I figured because it was a Toyota it would be economical. Well they put all the scheduled maintenance into my financing so that's a plus. Negatives are Huge. We went from a GMC Acadia 2009 to the Venza. Acadia a much longer and heavier vehicle. But better gas mileage than the Venza. The Venza's tank fills up on about $50-$60 depending on gas rates. I am in Houston where it runs about $3+-. The dash at full reads about 300 miles to empty. My Optima at full reads almost $500. My Acadia would read about 450. The other main negative is the lack of room in the hatch area. I am already wanting to trade it in.

My Venza woes PART 1
By larryoutwest on 08/17/12 21:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchaced new off the lot late in 2010 as a 2011 model. This vehicle has been a huge let down, I have had a truly unacceptable amount of issues with it. Lets start with dead batterys, I can't count how many times this car has failed to start because its dead. Toyota has replaced the battery 6 times now, they have no idea where the drain is coming from. I've also had troubles with transmission shifting, rattles, wind noise, creeking sounds when going over speed bumps, a dead climate control unit, and i'm sure there will be more as I only have 37,000 on it. Also fair to mention this baby is a fuel-a-holic, 15-17 MPG mixed with mostly highway is average. I will update quarterly with my reviews

Inferior material
By normone on 08/03/12 18:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Toyota it would seem uses some below standards materials when it comes to carpeting. My Venza has developed a hole in the floor carpet located on the drivers side. With only 32,000 miles and the purchase of the extended warrantee all the Dealer and Toyota states that it is a wear item. I am hoping that the rest of the vehicle holds up better.

Do not buy one!!
By alititude2087 on 06/17/12 13:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Seems to be quite a few unhappy Venza owners writing reviews here, here is mine. Our car has 26,000 miles and also has the "common" transmission issues such as slow shifting, and a vibration while changing gears. Toyota calls all this behaviour normal. Our's has several rattles coming from the seats and dashboard, toyota has made two attempts to fix these only to have them return a shot time later. Our battery has gone dead for no reason THREE times. Just recently the A/C quit, and the ride feels much more bouncy than normal. Top this all off with a poor average of 17mpg mostly highway fuel economy- Terrible!!I hope I can get a good trade in value for this lemon!

Love It So Far!
By carolinagirl66 on 06/02/12 10:58 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I just traded my 2006 Toyota Solara Convertible for a brand new, still on the lot, 2011 Venza. This vehicle has every option including AWD. I LOVE IT! This vehicle is so easy to drive and I really aprreciate all of the cargo room-especially coming from a 2 door convertible. The back up camera and navigation are nice features and I am sure that the AWD will come in handy this upcoming winter. Our's is a V6 and it will pick up and move on the interstate. The best part is that we feel we received such a good deal because they needed to move it before the 2013 models arrive!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Venza in VA is:

$132 per month*