2005 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
2005 Sienna Disappointed
By Dave on 10/16/09 16:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Thought Toyota would stand behind their vehicles better. Have had on and off problems with the airbag sensors for 3 years, ultimately cost $3500 to resolve the bad wiring harness. Toyota National said too bad, you aren't in warranty and since this is your first Toyota, you are not brand loyal yet. Will go somewhere else on the next vehicle. Disappointed. Hard to believe in this economy they have too many customers and can show that level of disinterest.

Door Horrors
By Door Horrors on 10/12/09 15:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Not only did the side sliders break, but now the driver's door hinges broke. Dealer advises that Toyota extended the warranty to 100K due to the problem. Glad the door didn't fall off on the freeway before they told us. Also the Rear lift somehow is tweaked. Now, all that for a car that has taken children to church, school, and me to work locally. Car never was in an accident. I am super easy on a car. So much for Toyota quality.

Clunking
By Beth on 10/02/09 16:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Off the lot, the rear AC did not work. Then the driver door was replaced as part of the recall (note that we had had problems with the door, but were told repeatedly that nothing was wrong). At 2 years with the Sienna, noted a clunking sound when turning. Toyota service department found no problem. Clunking persisted for the next 2 years. Now, have had to replace the rack ($1200). No more clunking, although service department states that the two were not related.

Sienna XLE 1995 Experience
By David A Willis on 09/02/09 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best car we've ever owned (I bought my first car in 1956). It has been extremely reliable. My only expenses have been for new tires and a new battery. I do nearly all my own maintenance. I follow all recommended maintenance recommended in the car's manual.

Careful of Sliding door and run flat tir
By Darlene on 08/13/09 12:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have been ok with my mini van, but I would NOT recommend this van to a friend. First I had huge problems with the Run Flat tires- that Toyota eventually agreed to replace one set- after I had already paid for a set- then of course those wore out fast too- Now I'm stuck- even though I put on regular tires- I can't get a spare for less than $700!! Brakes also wear fast on AWD, very fast! Next HUGE problem both of my sliding back doors started sticking and giving me problems just two years after I bought it- Now neither will open and I'm being told it will cost 3,600 to fix- the car isn't even 5 years old yet AND one of the parts was just replaced 14 months ago, will it just break again?! Owned a Toyota tercel before for 5 years with NO problems & husband owned a Camry with no problems. Too bad I can't say the same for the Sienna.

It looks nice, but has been a nightmare
By Timothy on 07/22/09 11:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Before purchasing our XLE Limited we had rented an LE for a 3 week road trip....that sold us...into a nightmare. Bought it for almost 40k, fully loaded. All of the features are nice however at 60K miles we are on our 4th AC system rebuild, 2nd center differential (first one locked up at 70mph on the freeway), 2nd drivers door (check strap broke, punch through the outer skin). In short we have had it for 4 years, and spent almost $7000 in REPAIRS (not maintenance like oil changes, tires, brakes, etc). Our case has been review by Toyota several times, and we have been told the situation is normal...both my other cars (Cadillacs) have 170k+, and have cost a lot less then this to keep running.

Best Van Yet
By Donal Kaehler on 05/01/09 09:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited 7-Passenger AWD 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned a Toyota van which we traded for a used Previa at 210,000 miles (my son still drives it) and finally this Sienna. This is our favorite van and we have taken several cross country trips as well as winters in Wisconsin. I have never felt safer in any car I've owned. We have not had any mechanical failures and enjoy great service support staff. This is our 8th Toyota vehicle and I can't see us buying any other make (except my Porsche of course).

Toyota Sienna - A busy family must have
By Debbie on 04/01/09 21:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I thought we needed an SUV with three kids. What I found was that my Sienna has everything an active family needs. Starting in the back. There is plenty of room for sports gear, backpacks and a trip to Costco. The seats are easy enough for me to put down or take out by myself. We've even fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood when a pick up was unavailable to borrow. With seating for 8, we purchased the 8th seat option, I never have to think twice about transporting the kids' friends. With hooks and pockets and drink holders, everybody has what they need at their fingertips.

Wow, what a buy
By 98van on 02/20/09 18:09 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Had to post. 05 CE is my second Sienna. Bought 98 XLE new for my wife. Sold 155,000 with 0 issues. Now @ 165,000 on 05 and again 0 problems. Great job Toyota and I will be purchasing an 09 in the fall close out sales. My van is my office with as many miles that I drive. Signed, Toyota driver for life! Thank you.

Quality and lack of company concern
By waldimar on 01/30/09 16:03 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Sienna CE 7-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The first two years of ownership of a 2005 Sienna CE were good, but in the last two months I had repair bills of $2000.00. Radiator leaked/replaced. Power steering rack and steering shaft needed to be replaced. The response from headquarters was, too bad, your warranty is over. Right now I am looking to try something else, maybe even a Dodge Caravan. In this tight market out there I was just surprised by the lack of interest to make me a happy owner of a Toyota product.