Used 2005 Toyota Sienna CE 8-Passenger Minivan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Disappointed
By Luke

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We initially were excited about this vehicle. We are a family of 6, so an 8 passenger was a must. We bought this mini-van with 77,000 miles and thought it would be an upgrade from our 2005 Dodge Caravan. Within 6 months I had to replace the rack and pinion, and radiator. Within 12 months the passenger rear door would not open from the outside when below 40 degrees and the Air Conditioning compressor began to "rattle". Within 18 months the other rear door began to have problems. Now at 124,000 miles the shifter is loose and I am nervous that my wife and children are going to be stuck. The caravan had 180k miles with nothing done to it but brakes, struts/shocks, and a water pump.

First Time Sienna Owner
By Jim Ensley

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned the Sienna a short time and have taken on two trips of greater than 800 miles. It has been over 110 degrees in Las Vegas and the air conditioning is able to keep the drivers compartment cool.

Vehicle holds the road well and is easy to maneuver.

Love our Sienna!!
By Alison

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Sienna just before our twins were born. We have absolutely loved it! We love the look and the quality of the workmanship. The Sienna drives so smoothly and we love the anti- lock brakes! When we started looking for minivans the Toyota came out on the top of our requirements in every area! It's the best purchase we have ever made!

We love the fact that the Sienna can seat 8 passengers and that the price was so reasonable!

It would be nice if there was a warning noise that the lights are still on once you've turned off the car and opened the door.

Better than Honda!
By ARM

Test drove the 2005 Honda Odyssey and
then drove the 2005 Sienna and
purchased the Sienna CE with 8
passenger seating. My wife loves it!
Toyota has done well...

Recommend the CE model with 8 passenger seating; all you need at a good price, compared to competition.

Manual sliding doors can be hard for kids to close from inside.

My Wife's Sienna
By JohnnyJ

2005 Toyota Sienna Minivan CE 8-Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the plain Jane model but even so, this vehicle still comes loaded with features that other car manufacturers would consider options. It is a very nice vehicle. We purchased it after reviewing Consumer Digest's reviews of 2004 model vehicles. Our top concerns were safety and dependability. With this vehicle, we have both.

Aside from the fact that it is safe and dependable, I appreciate how quiet it is. My wife and I were both driving Hondas. Never again. This vehicle is quiet; when the key is turned and the engine starts it is surprisingly quiet. It is not so with Hondas.

Since one of the selling points is safety, I would make the side curtain airbags standard on all models. Other than that, there is nothing that I would change.