2005 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Tough as nails, 150,000 and a

2005 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Tough as nails, 150,000 and a front impact
By dcayres on

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Rav has 150,000 miles on her. Last October I rear-ended someone and thought she was done for. I pulled the frame back out a few inches, installed a new radiator and she's back running as strong as ever. My only complaint would be the wind noise, honestly. The clutch was replaced around 15,000 miles ago, but that's been the only mechanical issue. Regular maintenance, tires, and brakes have all been reasonably inexpensive. This is the first car I have ever kept until it was paid off. In the past, I would grow tired of issues, but not this baby. I am going to drive her until the wheels fall off.

TSC, radio controls on the wheel, cargo area with wide opening door, cargo net, cargo hooks, and a cargo cover, and if you need more room, you can remove the rear seats in a snap.

I think this was addressed in the '06 model, but the rear seats aren't the roomiest, but I never sit back there, so I don't mind.
By jerseyan
on 10/17/14 14:31 PM (PDT)

I couldn't agree more. Ours is paid off as well, and runs, and runs, and runs, and still looks great. 100,000 and still going strong. Best automotive investment we ever made. As long as it keeps on ticking we have no desire to purchase a new vehicle.