Used 2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Classy All Around Vehicle
By Jersey Guy

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After having a 2001 Rav4 with no problems, we decided on a 2005. It handles great, better acceleration and terrific mileage. It drives beautiful in the snow, and the styling is nice. This vehicle is at home at the grocery store, home improvement centers and weddings. It is great for parking and quick trips to the store, and very agile on the highway for the long trips. It is unfortunate the styling changed. The very reasons that made the RAV4 popular have changed. My wife dosen't like the new models, and either do I. It is no longer the cute ute. It isn't the compact ute it once was, and the whole reason for buying a RAV.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, Peppy engine, handling in bad weather, dependability.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would have made rather than change the whole vehicle, would have been a fold down rear door. Toyota caved in. I say buy another vehicle if you weren't happy with the way it was. I will not buy another RAV4 after this one.

Bring back the "smaller" rav
By don

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle for all our short distance trips, ie. 300 miles or less (We are also fortunate to own an '06 highlander limited, for the longer trips). Love the RAV! Hate to see the "smaller" RAV go! It is LEXUS quality thru and thru. This is the 10th Toyota we've owned... not because of ANY problems...just really love our Toyotas! Also own a 1998 "L" model, with 100K miles which we will keep forever, as a third spare vehicle. Wouldn't hesitate to take the '98 to Florida or California (We live in OHIO) I highly suggest and recommend ANY toyota product, including the hybrids. Toyota's attention to detail and quality are second to none!

Favorite Features

Appearance, in and out. Peppy and quiet!

Suggested Improvements

Don't let the body style of the 05 go away. Build it again and it will sell!

Toyota RAV4 Evaluation
By 4-door

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my Third Rav4 to lease and at no time did I ever have any trouble with any of the three vehicles. One problem I have had, since I am short, I have a blind spot on rt. hand side of rav4 and had to be very careful when moving to outside lane as I cannot see a car that is moving beside me about even with back door. I still love the rav4 and will continue to drive one as long as I drive. Avery reliable vehickle

Favorite Features

Very comfortable drive. Fun to drive. Comfortable for long drives. Good gas mileage. Easy to maintain.

Suggested Improvements

Make quick key standard equipment for us "old ladies". Better viewing to rt. side of suv for us shorties. Sun is a problem when it shines in below visor and makes it hard to see well. Have a light switch on the arm of the steering wheel for the inside lights so that it is easier to switch on.

I love my new rav4
By tcane1

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The gas mileage is good, and it is fun to drive and I have gotten lots of compliments.

Favorite Features

Remote start, I leave early in the am to work out so I can set in the comfort of a warm house and start my rav and it is warm when I get in it to leave

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything I would want improved

AWESOME Car! My 2nd Rav!!!
By Michelle Burnette

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car! I drive about 70 miles one way to work every morning! I love it! I love the stick shift and my moon roof! Very quiet and comfortable

Favorite Features

I love my moon roof!!! I wouldn't trade it for the world

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a DVD player option and seat warmers. But other than that.. nothing!!