2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Fun, Safe Little SUV
By Bob Alkov on 07/30/05 11:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2005 Toyota automatic 4 dr AWD RAV- 4 is a fun, safe little SUV. It replaced a 1996 Toyota RAV-4 with manual that we drove to 90000 miles. We need it in the winter as we live on the side of a mountain at the 7000 ft level that gets lots of snow in winter. It has a lot of safety features such as side air bags for driver and all passengers, side impact door beams, stability control with traction control and antilock brakes with brake assist and EBD. Also gets 25 mp gallon.

Bought three years ago and still love it
By Marcia Gruver on 07/16/05 18:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best car I've ever owned, and I'm a 50-year-old woman, so I've been around the car block. It's compact enough that it gives decent gas mileage and being an SUV, it puts me on the same level as the rest of the world. (In fact, I'm a bit miffed they're planning to make the 2007 models bigger -- if you want bigger, move on up to a Highlander or a Sequoia. Leave the Rav 4 alone!)

2-RAV Family
By 2 RAVs on 07/16/05 15:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my first RAV4 I purchased in March of 1998 and hated the thought of ever trading it in. When a van we had finally died, we replaced it with a 2005 RAV4- I hated looking at anything else because the RAV has been so dependable, it seemed silly to consider a different car. We thought about a different Toyota, but the size of the RAV is perfect for city driving and so comfortable on the open road. We have three growing kids between the ages of 7 and 14 and while the older RAV had a smaller back seat- the newer one has plenty of room for all three kids- and no complaining! I love the added get up and go in the 05. It's a great car I'd buy again.. maybe we'll go for three!

Excellent vehicle
By Christine on 07/16/05 06:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have been pleased with my Rav4 since buying it in May. The gas mileage is very reasonable and I am certian that having a 4WD vehicle will come in handy for New York winters.

Satisfied with my SUV
By Dave on 07/15/05 00:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Small on the outside (easy to park, squeeze between things), big enough on the inside (comfortable to drive, 2- person sleep, carry lots of stuff). I'm not an off-road expert but it takes as much as I can. Gas mileage as good as my last sedan. I have no regrets.

Love this Car---So much better than CRV
By Mar on 07/09/05 12:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For a long time I could not decide between the Honda CRV and the Toyota rav 4. I loved the test drive, the interior, exterior, and trusted the Toyota name above all. Had this car for over a month now and love it. So happy with this vehicle!!!

Hot SUV
By Gail McDonald on 06/23/05 04:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I researched suv's for about 6 months before I settled on the RAV4... Of course, Toyota was the pivoting factor. I have owned Toyotas since 1987 and have been very impressed with them. This RAV4 answered all the needs I had. It's easy to park, turn corners, and takes up much less space in my garage. It has fantastic pick up, it moves faster and tighter than my Camry. The best feature was not having to sit down into a car. I have lower back problems and getting into and out of my Camry was so hard for me. I find this vehicle easy to get in and out of with no effort. I am 5'10" and need all the leg and head room it offers. I sit up high and the 360 degree view is awesome, no blind spots

Great Disappointment
By Greyhater on 06/22/05 17:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I used to think Toyota was a quality organization that was reponsive to customers. Unfortunately I could not have been more wrong. Buying this car was one of the worst mistakes of my life.

Excellent sporty dog suv
By spike on 06/21/05 16:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It handles great and I love the looks and overall appearance inside and outside.

Great Vehicle for most anything
By CoGrl on 06/15/05 12:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Rav 4. It's practical for anything I've done. I take it on camping trips, rock climbing day trips and cross country. The gas mileage is great for a car that can do so much. I highly reccommend this if you need ample cargo space. The seats are easily removeable, and did I mention my Husky loves it.