2005 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Littlefield's RAV Review
By Leslie Littlefield on 03/12/05 00:49 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The only challenge I have with my Rav is that it takes a while to gain power when passing or going uphill.

My Rav
By Laurie on 03/08/05 17:10 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We rented a Rav in Las Vegas and fell in love...We came home and purchased one and still own it today...I would buy another one in a heart beat...!

Beware of a Few Things Before Pruchase
By mikeb on 03/07/05 20:54 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My RAV is actually an '04, but I feel that I should share my experience. I liked the vehicle at first, but several things began to bug me. First, I found the front seats front seats to be very uncomfortable if driving more than 30 minutes, and so did my passengers. Second, the back seat has horrible leg room - a problem if you have back seat passengers on a regular basis. Third, the rear hatch door seems flimsy and items fall out too easily. Also, the cabin seemed to cramped - and I am only 5'8" and 150lbs. My previous car was a Civic and somehow the cabin of the RAV seems smaller!I traded my RAV in for a '05 Honda CRV SE - much better vehicle over all - tons more room!

Good compact SUV
By Fortune cookies on 03/06/05 12:16 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my RAV4 for over 2 months. I have been comparing RAV4 with CRV and finally got the RAV4 due to the outlook and the safety issue (CRV engire fire scared me!!). It's running great so far. one complaint I have is the car seat not really comfortable due to the headrest leaning forward and back support is not curve enough to support my back. I have to shop around to find a back rest to put it on my car seat :(

Great car
By steve on 03/03/05 14:09 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love driving this car I dont believe I will ever drive anything else. When time to trade I will get a new RAV4. It drives great, very reliable and looks great

To the Bat Cave!!
By BatSUV on 02/25/05 15:22 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle! My life is so much easier since switching to the Rav4 from a sports car (my batmobile). Also, I still have the coolness of driving a sporty black vehicle - even though I have a 3 year old riding in the back - without the soccer-mom feel.

excellent choice
By colleen on 02/20/05 20:45 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had my new Rav for one week, put 150 miles on it already. I'm finding excuse's to drive it! I opted for the manual transmission because of the 4cyl engine....feels like a sports car. Very responsive and it is very tight in the turns. Not what I expected from an suv. Being 5ft, it is a pleasure to be able to see out the front and sit up high, and when getting out, you dont fall out! Has all options except leather heated seats. Looking forward to putting 150thousand plus miles on it, and having it still be worth something.

Rocket Sled !!
By Tom on 02/16/05 16:54 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have both the Rav2003 and 2005, the 2005 has the new 2.4 engine and it really rocks. This SUV it's really fun to drive. Soo nimble!

Rav4
By Bo on 02/15/05 22:41 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. Fun to drive. Most features were surprisingly standard. Good handling and looks.

My Rav
By Chris on 02/14/05 16:14 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I Got my little rav about a month ago. I LOVE IT! its fun to drive, Gets great MPG, And has a AWESOME sound system! Plenty of passenger room. Gives You a sense of security. The ride is smooth. I have really pushed my rav to see what it can do...and belive me it has PLENTY OF POWER. I was going 90+ MPH. Thats more than enough then you need. but over all if i had to find another Mini-suv, i wouldn't get anything else but a Toyota Rav4