Used 2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

great little SUV
By E. Costa

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought the Rav-4 For our daughter, a first time driver,this SUV is such an easy drive and so dependable. We're very happy with pur purchase.

Favorite Features

rear seat fold down

Suggested Improvements

center console a little higher,or arm rest on inside of seat. On long trips there's no place to rest ur arm. Normal travel not a problem.

2004 Rav4 Manual
By Deputy Dan

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

SUPER good vehicle - my favorite ever. Great acceleration, nimble handling, just plain fun to drive. Reliability is great, stability on all types of road surfaces is superior.

Favorite Features

A smaller, more fuel efficient SUV with real room inside. I'm 6'-2", and even so find great headroom, adequate legroom, and great ergonomics.

Suggested Improvements

It's NOISY.

Really Awesome Vehicle
By Gym Mom

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am extremely impressed with the Rav4's ability to hug the road in snow and ice conditions. If there was anything I could suggest to add, it would be an upgrade on creature comforts like climate control, heated seats and possibly a leather interior option. Handles great, plenty of pep and good fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Versatile cargo area. Lots of interior features which are impressive in this price range.

Suggested Improvements

climate control, heated seats, leather interior option.

04 RAV4 L Best Choice
By August11

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wasn't sure when I bought my 2004 RAV4L if is it was the truck for me, but now I'm convinced! My RAV has a nimble feel, excellent braking and handling, unexpected fuel economy at 30mpg and is fun to drive. With a 5- speed, 4WD & traction control it handles fantastic during the NJ winters. It's has a smooth ride, but also a slight SUV/truck feel, which is why I bought it. (I owned a 1993 Toyota P/U 4x4 and loved it!)It took 8 weeks (the sunroof was put in at port in the U.S,) to get after I placed my order, but well worth the wait !

Favorite Features

4WD, traction control, comfortable and sporty to drive, Everglade Metallic paint color appears to make the truck look 3 different colors (but not all at the same time) blue, green and silver; it's amazing.

Suggested Improvements

power front seats are the only thing it's missing!

RAV4 gets rave review
By Ken Souza

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our RAV4 is everthing we expected and more. As long-time loyal Toyota customers (We still have our 1991 Corolla w/170,000 mi.) the RAV4 has met our every expectation with only one minor exception - wind noise. This vehicle is a pleasure to drive and ride in, even on long trips. Acceleration is very good with the more powerful 2004 engine. And design -- We have had a few second glances from young and adult alike. We plan to keep ours a long, long time.

Favorite Features

I like the idea of having audio controls on the stearing wheel. The "auto up" feature on the driver's side window is a nice, convenient touch.

Suggested Improvements

The RAV4 could use a tinted windshield.