2004 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Have to love it!
By Mighty Mouse on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My girlfriend and my self were looking for a new vehicle that would fit in our college budgets. We love to travel and snowboard so it needed to have lots of room. We initially looked at small trucks, but when my girlfriend saw this car in the showroom, she looked as if she had found her second love! She always wanted the VW Golf, but it was just too small for our needs. The Matrix provided the size and looks we wanted. We ended up going with the standard version because the XR and XRS were just too low to the ground for any gravel roads. I wouldn't really call it sporty, but it is fun to drive.

So much fun
By luvmatrix on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Gas mileage is better than my 2000 ford focus that i traded in. I love the whole look of the matrix. That's what sold me more than anything. I am a new mom, but didn't want the minivan yet. This is a small sporty car with great hauling abilities. I can put two strollers in the hatch and still have room for some groceries. It has lots of compartments, great for moms with tissues, wipes, and toys.

Fun car to drive
By Gerald Sutton on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car body is to low to the ground causing you to hit parking stops if you pull in too far.

Best Car Ever!
By darko on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This has got to be the best car I have ever driven, in my opinion. I've driven other cars, Honda, Subaru, BMW, Mercedes and others. But I have to say that my 2004 XRS Matrix overall is the better value for what's offered. I use the AC/DC inverter all the time for all my gadgets, laptop, iPod, blender, and just about anything else with a plug. With the seats folded down, the cargo space is almost frightening; I sit there and just think, “Wow”. I recently transported a new LP Barbeque Grill from the store with all the ease of having a truck. My dog likes hanging out the back hatch window; I swear I can see him smiling in the rear view mirror...

new-age surf woody
By CreativePro on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Matrix XRS is quick, nimble, and comfortable. I could spend all day driving through the twisties... and I have tried, but have yet to find to edge of the latteral grip envelope. This thing sticks like glue! Top speed to date is 118 with more left in her. The rear hatch open two ways, and is great for hauling groceries or surfboards. Best of all, after 20,000 miles the only problem I've had was a squeaky auxilory drive (belt was too tight) that Toyota replaced without hassle.

I have no comments, I'm happy
By rmirandayopo on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Good millage, roomy, good outside vision

the best small car
By rogeraug on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

thebest small car i have ever owned.

luvdamatrix
By MandM on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The matrix is a great car. Dispite what the editors review say, its fun to drive. I agree with some consumers in that Toyota can improve on the quality of it's dash board interior. I hope they're listening. Overall, it's drivability has been very reliable and I push it hard.

relief at the pump
By oak462 on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

after trading a quad cab v-8 4x4 truck for this little wagon, I can actually pass some gas stations now. Not as macho but much easier on the wallet. Hardley ever used the truck as a truck, more as a pleasure vehicle.

sweet
By jay hill on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

a great car for the price and time of high gas prices