2004 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
All the features at half the price!
By AHTripp on 12/28/04 11:47 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I drive over 40k miles per year. One of the best I have every driven, with all the comfort and convenience features of cars that are $30k+. Mileage is a steady 31.5 over all kinds of terrain. Very comfortable, and no problems at 20k miles in five months. More storage room than several larger models, and very comfortable for 4 adults.

The Best Car I have ever owned
By Michael Jutt on 12/28/04 10:25 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car it has been great for getting me from A to B. Along with helping me move to a new location with its large capacity by flipping down the back seats. Overall a great car.

great little car
By Roger on 12/23/04 22:53 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have found this to be a great ride for the money. Fuel milage is great and the ride is fine even for long trips. I spend a lot of time in the car and am a large person and find it has plenty of room and is comfortable on a long ride. Even after 60000 miles I have had not problems. It performs and accelerates as well as the day I purchased it. I would recomend following the maintenance requirements for long term reliability.

My Matrix
By Chris on 12/15/04 20:27 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Has been the best car I've ever owned. Mileage usually about 30mpg, sometimes more if highway only driving. GREAT cornering and handling ability. Fun to drive with enough power to pass safely in reasonable situations. Back seats lower flat instead of the SUVs that don't go all the way down flat, so is great for cargo. A truly great vehicle!

Good Value!
By aclake06 on 11/25/04 21:33 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my matrix since June 2004, and it has been a great car. I average about 27-28 MPG mainly city driving. I love the interior. The only thing I would change is my exterior color. I got the Indigo Ink, and it is very hard to keep clean. If I had to choose again, I would get red instead. Overall, a very good car with a great stereo system. I LOVE the redesign for 2005.

Ok but gas isnt cheap
By fyreman on 11/16/04 20:29 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Its supposed to get 25-32 mpg. but in reality, it gets 21-33 mpg depending on the driving you do. It revs about 3k rpm at 70mph and stays relativly quiet. I've yet to drive it in snow but we'll see this winter. Its got a lot of room for stuff in back and the seats fold completely flat. It hauls my 6'9" fishing poles inside with ease between the bucket seats or with the front seat down. If I only had room to haul drywall, it would be a great value.

owner
By Debster on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent car - good mileage - has all the comforts of home. I'm short so the only uncomfortable part is the seat belt. I wish they would lower it so it does come across my neck. Otherwise its perfect in every way. Easy to get in and out of and lots of cargo space. The fold down rear seats make it so you can fit almost everything.

04 MATRIX
By drust on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I LOVE WHEN I AM DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD AND PEOPLE YELL, I LOVE YOUR CAR, OR I LIKE THE COLOR OF YOUR CAR!-I HAVE PHANTOM GRAY.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
By hickoryhollowco on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was one of the first people in my area of Southern Maryland to own this car, and let me tell you, it attracted some attention... and rightly so. I bought the car for my travels back and forth (college and home) which includes everything from extreme weather conditions, mountains (where they have tractor trailer run-offs) and steep grade inclines and declines. My drive also took me on the Washington beltway 495 during rush hour. I live and work with horses, art, road trips, and did I mention animals galore? This car has been able to keep up with me and I haven't had a single mechanical problem to date. I find new ways my car tailors to me everyday with all the compartments and folding seats

Love my Matrix
By Granny Stix on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am one of those "senior citizens"... going on 63 soon, and love my Matrix! So easy to handle, and so very comfortable on both short range and long range driving. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and must say that the Matrix is so comfortable... we have another car, a sedan, and when going on long trips in that I find I am very stiff and sore. Not so with the Matrix! Have had a lot of people comment favorable on its looks... and love the gas mileage!