2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
03 Matrix
By T Wilson on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a single female in my mid twenties with no kids. So although I didn't need anything really large, I don't like small vehicles. I wanted something decently priced, sporty and fun, yet reliable. I found this car to be fun and funky, yet sensible. All the toyota's I've had as well as other people's have run for up to a couple hundred thous miles. It's fwd and there's room for my mtn bike. It's as large as some SUVs but with much cheaper insurance.

Great Family Wagon
By brianmc on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After exhaustive research and numerous test drives of the competetion I finally bought a Matrix Xr. It is the best in it's class beating the PT and Mazda P5 Hands down on comfort and ride. P5 was VERY loud and I felt EVERY bump in the road. I drove over a railroad crosing and I felt like I was in a soapbox derby car. PT felt cheap and was hard to see out of. Matrix is the right mix of a sporty car and family wagon. I think all car editors that do reviews tend to forget that not everyone NEEDS a car that can do 0-60 in 5.0 sec and take a corner at 65mph.. Who cares?!! Just give me an inexpensive, reliable and fun car to drive. Matrix fits that bill.

Seat issues
By john riley on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car is ok, except the drivers seat is really uncomfortable for me. Too much side bolster and not enough lumbar. I realize one seat does not fit all, but there is no option from Toyota to do anything about the problem, like getting an optional seat.

MATRIX XR....WORTH EVERY PENNY!
By LeashaNAaron on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Let me tell you! I have never had such a fun car...I get noticed in it all the time and it might have something to do with the Solar Yellow color...but I am telling you it's the BEST car I have ever owned...it's Sooooo fun to drive, and it's unbelievably comfortable too! It is worth every penny! GO GET ONE! Smoooooooooooooth ride!

Economic Fun Drive/Ride
By Storytlr on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

GREAT gas mileage and fun to drive. Leg room for 6'1" driver/passenger.

Best car we ever owned
By Beth Hartford on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Almost went with the hybrid, but chose the Matrix and couldn't be happier. Terrific here in the Sierras where we get snow, ice and heavy rains. It handles the roads here in the mountains like a big SUV. And I pop one or both back seats down and bring lumber home from the store, as well as enough groceries to last us a month. And we checked with our insurance agent before we bought a new car, to see which ones were the best value to insure and this car got a great rating. And with gas prices being as high as they are we are getting phenomenal mileage.

I love my matrix!
By Big mama on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car it's great, fun, cute, and all around wonderful. The silver trimmed dash board, the smooth ride, all the great things you can put in a car toyota did.

I love this car
By BethM on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love my car. It is stylish and fun to drive. Also with gas prices the way they are, I'm glad its great on gas. It is very comfortable, and has great pick up.

To drive it is to love it.
By ex-jetta gal on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I first saw commericals for the Matrix, I thought, "God, what an ugly car." Then I got inside one. Wow. The seats are so cushy, the dash is so fun and so bright, and the car feels so spacious. Even my tall friends seem to have plenty of room. Also, the car is loaded with little storage cubbies and power outlets. The clutch is very easy to ride, and the overall ride of the car is very smooth. Lots of compliments... this car has a little something to appeal to everyone. Plenty of space to tote around all my junk. Great price and gas mileage to boot.

MY BEST CAR
By NEWBABE on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

EXELENT CAR AND ECONOMIC IS FUN DRIVE THIS CAR